Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with a 3 month workout plan!

Options
  • 11-05-2015 5:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭

I'll finally have the time over summer to focus on my training. I want to work on mass but it is important that I don't put on too much unnecessary fat. I want to gain as much muscle mass as possible within that length of time. I need help putting together a workout plan that will achieve these results. I'm determined to stick to it and see results. I hope to train 4-5 days a week.
    I'm not sure where to start with this so any help is appreciated. I'm assuming I'll need to alter my diet? Speaking of diet, I don't think I'd be able to eat 6 meals a day. And I would prefer not to use supplements if possible. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Diet is something you're going to have to work hard on if you want to put on weight. You'll need to be smart as to how you get your calories in If you say multiple meals a day will be difficult. Will take some planning as if you just leave it to eating when you feel like it you can struggle to hit your targets.

Work out your bmr from one of the calculator sites and figure out your maintenance based on your activity level. Then work out what you need to put on weight. Maybe a pound a week. From there you can figure out your macros and input them into something like myfitnesspal app. Then track what you eat. I'd be lost without that app.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

IDencI wrote: »
    I need help putting together a workout plan that will achieve these results. I'm determined to stick to it and see results. I hope to train 4-5 days a week.
    There's plenty of programs out there that'll suit. Pick one you like the look of.
    I'm assuming I'll need to alter my diet?
    yeah, probably
    Speaking of diet, I don't think I'd be able to eat 6 meals a day.
    Why is that an issue?
    The number of meals doesn't matter. Only the total food matters, but it's easier to eat a large amount of food over 6 meals compared to 3.
    And I would prefer not to use supplements if possible. !
    Why is that?

They aren't a must. But if your meal times are restricted, then you probably will need to supplement your foid.
    That's all supplements are btw, just food.

Advertisement