Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily squat programme

Options
  • 11-05-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Hello all

I have been doing a fairly standard 5*5 programme for the past year or so and made good progress in squats, which have become my favourite exercise. I have been squatting ass to ground with considerable enough weights and am happy with this achievement

Now, very soon I will have my own power cage and barbell set so I can work out as often as my motivation allows. Given this opportunity, i am wondering is there a decent programme for squatting everyday ? Is this even advisable? I do agree that squatting has tremendous health benefits, so I would like to push myself on this lift a little more.

I am not a powerlifter, I just strength train for the good feelings it creates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Waestrel wrote: »
    Hello all

I have been doing a fairly standard 5*5 programme for the past year or so and made good progress in squats, which have become my favourite exercise. I have been squatting ass to ground with considerable enough weights and am happy with this achievement

Now, very soon I will have my own power cage and barbell set so I can work out as often as my motivation allows. Given this opportunity, i am wondering is there a decent programme for squatting everyday ? Is this even advisable? I do agree that squatting has tremendous health benefits, so I would like to push myself on this lift a little more.

I am not a powerlifter, I just strength train for the good feelings it creates.

Squatting everydsay would allow no time for recovery. Unless you're not going particularly hard at it.

Do the Smolov program for squatting if you'd like to squat lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

You'd be looking for something like the Bulgarian Method
    http://www.strengtheory.com/the-bulgarian-method/

I've never done it, but if you're not training to compete at some high level I probably wouldn't do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Google Cory Gregory squat every day.

There's an adapted justa singles routine on the amazing12 website too

• Registered Users Posts: 39,196 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Squat everyday
    I]step missing[/I
    Become Clarence0

Advertisement