Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HUDL 2 super value for money.

Options
  • 10-05-2015 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭

bought my HUDL 2 from amazon, delivered to parcel motel for under £100 sterling.

in the box it came with a usb cable and seperate plug.

8.3" screen 16gb capacity , about 11gb left after o/s etc & 2gb of ram :)
    WiFi seems good, its got a micro hdmi, and does Hi Def ; but i havent yet hooked it up to anything. android 4.4 out of the box.

and im very happy with the quality of the device. i have an ipad air and a kindle fire and this compares well to both, despite pricetag.

screen is good and bright and the sound is surprisingly loud and decent.

the device boots up quickly and feels responsive to the touch. happy with that aspect of it so far. Battery wise it took some time to charge to full capacity. i havent manged to discharge it yet, so i cant comment on battery performance.

There are a number of preload apps, inc some tesco onces. when running the setup wizard i said i didnt have a tesco unline account and the tesco preload is unobtrusive. No ads or anyhting popping up etc.

As far a value for money goes, i think its the best deal out there. I'll be using it as a ebook reader & for watching the footie etc.

X
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

bought my HUDL 2 from amazon, delivered to parcel motel for under £100 sterling.

As far a value for money goes, i think its the best deal out there. I'll be using it as a ebook reader & for watching the footie etc.
    X
    Not that I disagree, but i think all our comments are probably covered here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93366688

By the way, great deal;)
    I paid GBP 129 in Tesco superstore in Newry, plus another GBP 10 for screen protector - i think it was, all in all about EUR 180.

It was bought as a present - and I've only heard good things about it :)
    Certainly this never seemed a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I got a Hudl2 around launch and think that it's great but I do have this charging issue. If I be using it and plug in the charger it doesn't charge, it doesn't drain the battery either, whatever the battery percentage is just stays the same. A quick off and on job sorts it right enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Pity its hard to root. When I got mine I had a forced update to a firmware with no root ability yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Tinie wrote: »
    Pity its hard to root. When I got mine I had a forced update to a firmware with no root ability yet.

Rooting/custom firmware would be a prerequisite for me on any android device. Gotta have my ad blocker, and updates when the manufacturer has entirely forgotten about the device.

cf HP Touchpad, now running 5.0 and will upgrade to a beta 5.1 when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jglynn93

Does anyone know if it is any good at working with chromecast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

jglynn93 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it is any good at working with chromecast?
    Should not be a problem.

I'M told the Hudl2 received lollipop 5.1 today - on the day Marshmallow was released.
    Still some similarly - priced tablets didn't receive such updates so kudos to Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

My Hudl2 updated to Lollipop today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That's cool. The original from what I remember either received no further updates, or just the initial one out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭hurling_lad

Thanks for the news re: update there lads.
    Strangely, mine ran what seemed to be a security update in 4.4.2 today but now I've checked for update in settings and looks to be downloading 5.1

Fair play to Tesco: wasn't expecting it tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Going by modaco a fair few people are having major issues since the update sl as always, update at your own risk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement