Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hudl2: 8" Andriod Tablet for £109 from TescoDirect via Parcelmotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭v240gltse

thanks for that . just put my order in fingers crossed

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭degsie

Huge backlog at tesco direct atm. My order from a week ago pushed back twice already. Be aware if shopping for chrissy presents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Great price for an excellent tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Doodah7

A great tablet. The only reason I never went for it is because of the Tesco branding on the back. My clued-in six year old would inevitably ask why Santa got the tablet in Tesco when surely the elves make them??? I know the same could be said of Apple/Samsung etc. but I think it's different between a brand manufacturer and a supermarket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

tallpaul wrote: »
    A great tablet. The only reason I never went for it is because of the Tesco branding on the back. My clued-in six year old would inevitably ask why Santa got the tablet in Tesco when surely the elves make them??? I know the same could be said of Apple/Samsung etc. but I think it's different between a brand manufacturer and a supermarket!

If it matters that much why not get a back case or cover for it?

Alternatively, you could buy an iPad for 4x the price, and your kid could also question the fact why the elves are designing them in California, and assembling them in China, when they live in the North Pole. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

2 things to be aware of with this tablet as I bought one a few days after it came out...

There is a problem with it not charging intermittently and also the wifi will just stop working all of a sudden. The charging problem has been around since day one and is discussed here - http://www.modaco.com/topic/373798-hudl2-does-not-charge/

As for the wifi issue, I've only noticed since last night but it has been the same result on 3 different wifi networks.

It's a great tablet for the price but mine's looking like it will have to be brought back up north where it was bought as it's becoming unusable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Aaagh, paid full price for it 2 weeks ago :mad:.

It's a fantastic tablet, can recommend it. I have a Nexus 7 2013 and this is every bit as good. Haven't had any of the problems mentioned above thank God!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Aaagh, paid full price for it 2 weeks ago :mad:.

It's a fantastic tablet, can recommend it. I have a Nexus 7 2013 and this is every bit as good. Haven't had any of the problems mentioned above thank God!

I think that Tesco will refund you the money. Search for the thread on HotUKdeals.

I bought the kindle fire at the weekend and it is exempt from the 30 day money back guarantee :mad:. Would have preferred this.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

What's the battery life like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Easy Rider wrote: »
    What's the battery life like?

About 8 hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

I bought a Hudl 2 a few weeks back. So far so good.

Aldi have a tablet out this week that seems to be of an equal spec but with a bigger screen. With the €10 coupon, it could be got for €189. If I had spotted this before I bought the Hudl2, I may have went for it.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-11-december/products-detail-page/ps/p/101-tablet-pc/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well just got my dispatched email from Tesco Direct, so doesn't seem to be that much of a backlog on sending orders out. Now the nervous wait to see if it arrives ok to Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Well just got my dispatched email from Tesco Direct, so doesn't seem to be that much of a backlog on sending orders out. Now the nervous wait to see if it arrives ok to Parcel Motel.

I'm in the same boat as you but not too worried about delivery. As long as you have given your correct PM number it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the tip OP - great value! I was also looking at the Fire HDX in Argos but fretting about the screen size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

tallpaul wrote: »

It is not true that ever parent is convinced their 6 year old is "Clued-in" when STen scores tell a different story !

http://www.schooldays.ie/articles/Standardised-testing-and-STen-scores

• Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭degsie

You're lucky, still waiting for dispatch on a couple of phones ordered 10 days ago!

byronbay2 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you but not too worried about delivery. As long as you have given your correct PM number it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the tip OP - great value! I was also looking at the Fire HDX in Argos but fretting about the screen size.

I stuck my pm number in where the flat number field in the delivery address so fingers crossed, I must take out the parcel motel extended liability. Let us know when you receive it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

galait wrote: »
    It is not true that ever parent is convinced their 6 year old is "Clued-in" when STen scores tell a different story !

http://www.schooldays.ie/articles/Standardised-testing-and-STen-scores

What's that got to do with the price of fish???

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭geecee

I have been waiting since Monday for my stuff to dispatch
    When did you put in your order?

My biggest concern after this is parcel motel congestion - which seems to be a big issue!

geecee wrote: »
    I have been waiting since Monday for my stuff to dispatch
    When did you put in your order?

My biggest concern after this is parcel motel congestion - which seems to be a big issue!

Did you order a Hudl or other electronic items? I placed order for the Hudl on Monday night.

Did you order a Hudl or other electronic items? I placed order for the Hudl on Monday night.
    I ordered a Hudl and a pair of Moto Gs

• Advertisement

geecee wrote: »
    I ordered a Hudl and a pair of Moto Gs

It's the Moto G's that are holding up the order I'd say.

It's the Moto G's that are holding up the order I'd say.

Just got notification that the Motos have shipped!
    Not the Hudl yet (its on a different order)

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭v240gltse

Happy days

just got notification that my hudl has been shipped. :):):). Let you know what its like when it arrives

Thanks OP

I stuck my pm number in where the flat number field in the delivery address so fingers crossed, I must take out the parcel motel extended liability. Let us know when you receive it!

Got a text from PM this morning and collected the Hudl 2 at lunchtime. Ordered at lunchtime last Wednesday so 7 days from order to collection - no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flynny50

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Got a text from PM this morning and collected the Hudl 2 at lunchtime. Ordered at lunchtime last Wednesday so 7 days from order to collection - no probs.

Received mine today as well, delighted as was expecting pm delay!

flynny50 wrote: »
    Received mine today as well, delighted as was expecting pm delay!

Have been reading about these delays but have seen no evidence of it down here in The Real Capital. Very happy with the PM service this Christmas! In fact, I got a message regarding an over-sized package available for collection in Finglas on Monday morning. I rang Nightline to say that I would collect it in Cork and it was down in Little Island that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JamJaq

Can I just ask whether you had issues with Tesco using an Irish Debit Card? They require a postcode for the Billing Address, so struggling here to get around that.....

JamJaq wrote: »
    Can I just ask whether you had issues with Tesco using an Irish Debit Card? They require a postcode for the Billing Address, so struggling here to get around that.....

You need to use Parcel Motel or suchlike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

JamJaq wrote: »

I used my Visa Debit. I used my parcel motel address for billing too, I was prompted to put in my verified by visa password and that was it, went through fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JamJaq

Great, thanks! Here's hoping it all goes through!

Advertisement