Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xenical

Options
  • 07-05-2015 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Has anyone tried these and if so what were the results?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

I took this a few years back (when I was trying EVERYTHING!). I didn't like it at all. It doesn't discriminate when it comes to fat and we all should realise at this stage that dietary fat is vitally important for our body. Stools turned orange, IIRC, when fat was ingested - not pleasant.

I've tried pretty much everything there is to try and the only thing that actually worked (Acomplia) is no longer recommended (FDA banned). It did work but it caused me some very strange mental side effects!

It took me many years to realise that there isn't a magic bullet for weight loss. Restricting/omitting simple sugar was the key for me. That, and avoiding anything that encouraged low-fat as it typically means high sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

My GP put me on these several year back.

I lost 9lbs in a month, but that's because I **** myself so often on them that for the second two weeks of that month, all I'd eat was a bowl of soup per day.

They're nasty, nasty things

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Just wondering how much is a months supply?

Advertisement