Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap and cheerful home weights set

Options
  • 06-05-2015 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

hi all, NEWB ALERT!
    Looking to spend some money in getting a weights set for home use. Mostly just want a basic bench and a barbel with about 50 kg weight for starters. Was looking at this in Argos

Adidas weights and bench €114

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3237461/Trail/searchtext%3EWEIGHTS.htm

Would this be a good idea or should I look at getting everything separately but better quality?
    Any recommendations?

I will be looking at buying more plates to put on so would this barbell support that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

45kg is very light. It says that the maximum weight you can load it with is 90kg which is also pretty light for a barbell. I wouldn't view this set as very useful.

Better off getting a pull up bar and reading convict conditioning in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,196 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cona wrote: »
    hi all, NEWB ALERT!
    Looking to spend some money in getting a weights set for home use. Mostly just want a basic bench and a barbel with about 50 kg weight for starters. Was looking at this in Argos

Adidas weights and bench €114
    It's not very good imo.

Home weights sets in general are a bit poor. You'd be better off getting a few different pieces of more versatile stuff.

Foam Roller €20
    Pull-up bar €30
    Set of Bands €30
    KettleBell €40
    Total €120

More or less the same price, but will server you better and for longer.
    45kg is very light. It says that the maximum weight you can load it with is 90kg which is also pretty light for a barbell. I wouldn'.
    90kg was the max user weight. Which is a fairly arbitrary figure

Advertisement