Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

muscle injury

Options
  • 04-05-2015 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Need help I've torn my calf musle for 2 time and it takes so long to repair can't even go walking especially now good weather is here has any one else suffered from this

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Have you been to a physio or doctor yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 amie lee

I been to physio 3 weeks now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

And what did they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

tears can take 6-8 weeks to fully heal(Some even up to 6 months depending on the grade)

regular treatment and flushing of the area can help move the process slightly faster.

You will then need to do rehab work to strengthen the calf. (You should not forget about this part, this will ensure little chances of it

injury recurring)

In saying that,
    many can return to walking/running after week three depending on the level of the tear or strain,

Have you taken Anti-inflammatories?(Even if swelling isn't visible, it doesn't mean the muscle is supple)
    Started gently stretching the area?(helps bring fresh blood to the area to help repair muscle cells)

Be patient... your body is under enough stress trying to heal the injury...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 amie lee

Ya thanks its my second time happening not as bad as first time which took ,2 years to repair but this time not as bad I was only stretching up to a shelf

• Advertisement
Advertisement