Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

enlocsure for pc case-to avoid dust (advise)

Options
  • 30-04-2015 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Don't know if it a right section here,but i am planing on making custom pc table,since its in my room the area is quite narrow and design will have to be
    extra custom-so first question would be whats the best place to shop for cheap table top-Ikea or such,and best way of cutting since from knowledge most cuts are usually made with double blade saws to avoid ripping wood,but don't have access to one.

And Back to the topic,i own Antec 1200 v3 case-for those that know that dont know much about PCs its basically a large tower with a lot of fans sucking in air-4-120mm fans and 2-120mm exhaust and massive 200mm top exhaust fan.

Now 4 intake fans have dust covers,but given small room size and case being not to far from carpet and down on the floor,since weight is almost 15-20kgs with all the gear its clogging up quite a lot since the mesh on the intake fans can only catch larger particles,also the top fan 200mm wide is collecting fair bit of dust as well when off or have been left working longer.

So while cleaning it once every month it still manages to clog up dust overtime on places where its hard to reach and soon will be time to replace many fans due to case being almost 3y old by now.

With that came an idea:to build custom enclosure two sides would be wood most likely and front would have opening and a side window as well -plexi glass material-not actual glass would be used.

But tricky part is i don't know how the air flow would work in enclosed space,as fans do take in and push out a lot of air and if case was totally enclosed-would that eventually build up to the point where temperatures would rise immensely,or given room temperature and fans heating cooling air temps would remain the same.

Idea is to make something similar like server case-except those usually don't have fans or few at all and from what Ive seen they do incorporate exhaust fans into them anyway.

So anyone with similar setups/experiences or ideas how air flow would work best and to reduce noise are welcome to share their input,since all of this is still works in my head before ill try to get down to do design itself.thx

Advertisement