Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginner

• 29-04-2015 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking to start recording game play both on Ps4 & Ps3 and uploading it to YouTube.

Without going too crazy tell me the basics and also commentary over the game play what will i need?

All info appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

HonestCry wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking to start recording game play both on Ps4 & Ps3 and uploading it to YouTube.

Without going too crazy tell me the basics and also commentary over the game play what will i need?

All info appreciated :)

With the PS4 it can capture footage itself for upload to youtube or stream to twitch and you even get a cheap headset mike included in the price. It's made for sharing, so much it has a share button :D

Ps3 is harder. You'll need at bare minimum an external capture device like an avermedia lgp and you'll need to output the game in component not HDMI as PS3 has HDCP protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭HonestCry

With the PS4 it can capture footage itself for upload to youtube or stream to twitch and you even get a cheap headset mike included in the price. It's made for sharing, so much it has a share button :D

Ps3 is harder. You'll need at bare minimum an external capture device like an avermedia lgp and you'll need to output the game in component not HDMI as PS3 has HDCP protection.

I didn't realize footage captured on the Ps4 could be uploaded to YouTube, so thats great! :D

I'll be playing Ps4 constantly soon, im just playing Black Ops 2 recently so i guess i won't bother capturing gameplay just yet!

Thanks for the info :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bside29

on ps4 yes I can confirm it is possible

Advertisement