Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quartz or automatic?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Michelle_b

I would have to agree with you....Marketing machines and brand placements. Some brands I have seen fall apart even though supposedly toughest materials used to build...you can guess which ones I am talking about. Watches that are 30k !!! Patek keeps the exclusivity and that's whats attractive. I have to say only Rolex I truly interested in looks wise is Daytona. Ladies watches -quartz will always be more popular as it's more about look as in dial colour,size or diamonds. Men's watches- automatic is way to go. I would also say to be aware it's like a car and requires servicing every few years and as others have said it is a cost around 500 euro and polish. Please go to proper jeweler/watch place for service as why let anyone touch inside of your watch that's 2k +.Some morons out there and not properly trained... Horror stories of water getting in and bye bye watch. Breitling and tag both good Swiss brands but it comes down to style you like. I am more familiar with Tag and they now have two of their own movements. Prices go up yearly and some brands 10-15% every year. The tag f1 was few hundred now 2k for some?! Tag has gone up crazy in the last few years! Some of their ladies two tone link same price as ladies Rolex.... This case I'd wear Rolex.. In answer movement. It's fascinating all the details and components inside the case.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭OldRio

Your ascribing motives to other posters is also rather sad. I'll stop at this point so the thread might get back on topic.

Well your motives were pretty damn obvious but, whatever rocks your boat.

Just received your PM recordstraight. Deary me. Looks like I judged you completely correctly. A bully.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

OK let's draw a veil over this and go back to original topic, it's in there somewhere. And please folks less of the sniping. We can all have a difference of opinion here.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Eoin wrote: »
    So, OP - hoping all this Rolex talk is helping...

I just want to stress again, I have nothing against Rolex as such, my comments, pinch of salt, etc...

Advertisement