Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Nespresso Pods 49cent

Options
  • 29-04-2015 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭

Hey guys sorry if posted somewhere already, I searched and couldn't see anywhere.

Aldi's nespresso compatible pods normally €1.99 are reduced to 49cent for a pack of 16.

I know they don't taste as nice as the official or even the Lidl ones but 49cent is a bargain eh?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Where? I've only seen the decaffeinated ones in Coolock. I thought they were nice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

groom wrote: »
    Where? I've only seen the decaffeinated ones in Coolock. I thought they were nice

I seen them in my local Aldi so assuming they are nationwide.

Only ordered my first Nespresso machine last night :p

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

49c for these would be quite the bargain.
    I personally think they are much nicer than the Lidl ones, and it is looking like they are popular as its only decaf left everywhere I have seen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Be careful- I destroyed a CitiZ with these pods.

Supposedly the flow through them is a lot slower than other pods? Puts extra pressure on machine huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Not doubting you but how would it, seems a very simple system to copy and sell for 50c each.
    I know you can even buy empty ones to fill.
    How exactly would it damage it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

rasper wrote: »
    Not doubting you but how would it, seems a very simple system to copy and sell for 50c each.

I was told it the pressure in the machine is 'unregulated' and components were damaged because there isn't sufficient throughput on the clone pods. The price I was quoted to have it repaired was significantly more than it cost me to buy a new machine down in Kildare Village (which was admittedly on sale).

Be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

I was told it the pressure in the machine is 'unregulated' and components were damaged because there isn't sufficient throughput on the clone pods. The price I was quoted to have it repaired was significantly more than it cost me to buy a new machine down in Kildare Village (which was admittedly on sale).

Be careful.

Sounds valid enough , however doesn't the flow vary with the strength of the pod eg a no. 1 flows a lot faster than a no. 10 which is almost a trickle.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

rasper wrote: »

Original Nespresso pods are made of tinfoil which is easy for the machines to pierce. Some of the non-original pods are made from a hard-ish plastic which is much more difficult to pierce. Sometimes the piercing does not happen and the pod prevents water (under high-pressure from motor) passing thru the pod. This ultimately damages the motor !

Use non-original pods where the pod does not need to be pierced (e,g, individually wrapped pods) or tinfoil type pods!

i do not work for nespresso and i do use compatible pods.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Supposedly the flow through them is a lot slower than other pods? Puts extra pressure on machine huh?

I noticed that too with Aldi, quite slow I could heard the machine was working harder than with Lidl so stopped using them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Been to 3 different ALDIs since they were released and all they every seem to have is the decaf, add to that half the boxes are usually open anyway. Coffee is ok for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

nava wrote: »
    I noticed that too with Aldi, quite slow I could heard the machine was working harder than with Lidl so stopped using them.

Same for me - I had to stop using them as only half of them were working - they were putting a lot of pressure on the machine (a Citiz machine) and it was not able to push the water through them.

Beware....

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

I have the Pixie machine and the Aldi pods always struggle to pass through the water. Twice nothing has come out out of about 40 pods.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

I have the Nespresso U and the non official pods just dont work as well. The flow through them is very weak. It is as most of you have said above, the plastic on the lidl/aldi/robert roberts pods is tougher than the foil and certain machines find them hard to pierce. Im sticking with the real ones for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I was in Aldi charleville yesterday and no sign at all of these

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

No sign in coolock. Bought a #6 & a #8 for €1.50 each

Can a MOD mark this as Expired or how do I do that?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

bmm wrote: »
    i do not work for nespresso and i do use compatible pods.

Out of interest, what ones do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

What's the problem with the supply of Aldi pods? Are they being discontinued or something? They're not bad, but I find the Super Valu ones best - plus they come in nice little cube-shaped boxes instead of thise silly tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

vienne86 wrote: »
    What's the problem with the supply of Aldi pods? Are they being discontinued or something? They're not bad, but I find the Super Valu ones best - plus they come in nice little cube-shaped boxes instead of thise silly tubes.

They are been repackaged into 1 big box with all 4 flavors from what I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

They dont work well with my Krups Pixia machine. You get a watery leak before the actual coffee comes out. Poorest ones I've tried between the Lidl, Bewleys and Cafe Pod ones (the last are the best IMO). Havent tried the Supervalu ones though...

plus they come in nice little cube-shaped boxes instead of thise silly tubes.

So does the Lidl version :)Bellarom_Lidl_Kaffeekapseln_Test_Nespresso_Alternative_014-300x225.jpg

So does the Lidl version :)Bellarom_Lidl_Kaffeekapseln_Test_Nespresso_Alternative_014-300x225.jpg

The main difference is that the Super Valu ones are not individually wrapped which makes the box way smaller. Also the coffee is nicer IMO. I have tried lots of these, brought many different types home from France, and so far, for me, the Super Valu ones are the best.......of course the Nespresso ones taste great, but buying them is such a pain.

The main difference is that the Super Valu ones are not individually wrapped which makes the box way smaller. Also the coffee is nicer IMO. I have tried lots of these, brought many different types home from France, and so far, for me, the Super Valu ones are the best.......of course the Nespresso ones taste great, but buying them is such a pain.

Interesting. Is it Supervalu own brand like or 3rd party? My machine should arrive Thursday so I'll be flat out trying all the different kinds :D

Btw, seen my local Aldi had all the pods back in stock but back to full price now.

MOD mark this as expired please?

Interesting. Is it Supervalu own brand like or 3rd party? My machine should arrive Thursday so I'll be flat out trying all the different kinds :D

Btw, seen my local Aldi had all the pods back in stock but back to full price now.

MOD mark this as expired please?

I've no idea who makes the Super Valu ones, but they are own brand. The foil end seems to be the same as the nespresso ones, which might help in the machine. I've had no problems with them, but Aldi and Lidl haven't given me trouble either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Can anyone confirm if these are still 49c in any store or if they're back to regular price? 1.59 per pack in both Limerick stores yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Can anyone confirm if these are still 49c in any store or if they're back to regular price? 1.59 per pack in both Limerick stores yesterday
    they are been repackaged so all flavors will be in the one box from what i know

No back to full price now.

My local Aldi has the shelfs restocked with the same old tube, maybe still old stock.

Not sure that that is a good idea.....not everyone likes all the coffee types they sell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

100 for €27 On groupon today, anyone know what these are like:

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-feniks-bvba-2-6-11/63405438

Advertisement