Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squat stands, must be able to take 100kg at some point

Options
  • 29-04-2015 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give me advice:

Current situation: i lift at home, i have a 120kg of olympic weights and a 6foot olympic bar
    with this i do floor press, ohp, deadlift all fine and i get my strength on those. Bought them about 4 year ago. But i never really squatted, only the odd over hack/zercher etc that didnt require it on my back.

But i made a goal to myself to be able to do 100kg ATG perfect form squats by the time im 30. And i just got paid and now is the time if i do it right from this week to reach that goal.

Ive been in and out of gyms and their great for dumbbells and deadlifts and everything but during hours i work they are always full on the racks and tbh i REALLY hate waiting. I could do everything i need at home once i had somehing to squat with.

So can anyone recommend some squat stands?, not a rack, although i know that is a better option.
    Things id need from these:
    be movable so i can move them into a corner when not needed
    adjustable in width so i can fit my only 6 foot long olympics bar. Most power racks take 7 i believe.

If i had my own place id buy a proper rack but this is only a temporary solution to reach my goals and hopefully in a few months time i can get a proper place with a full rack + proper bench etc. I just really wish bought squatrack/stands intitally than waited over 4 years messing around with stupid ass hack squats and stuff. probably have a noticeable rear end now :(

any info much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What's your budget like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

hmm 100-200 euro.
    as long as i am able to be move them around easy. if i move home.
    and when im not lifting can put them out of sight, like in a corner.
    My room is big enough to accomodate that, but not a full rack of any kinds.

i saw 200e ones irish lifting i think but when i first got my 6" bar from irish lifting he told me it wouldnt work in a power rack as that needs a 7', but i assume stands would work ?

I know squat stands arent as safe as a squat rack or a power rack. i just want a cheap easily moveable thing that doesnt take up too much space and will accomodate my 6' bar and at least 100k.

keep in mind i mostly do higher rep work like 10+ reps.

so i guess my goal in next few months is 5-10 rep perfect form ATG back squats. if i got to that id be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

These might be like what you have in mind:

https://www.strengthshop.ie/equipment/squat-stands-cages-blocks/strength-shop-original-squat-stands.html

Comes in around €220 with delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

thank you very much. :)
    decided to go ahead with it that one.

can always sell it on adverts if i turn back into a lazy **** :p

Advertisement