Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creatine

Options
  • 29-04-2015 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi everyone. On advice from our club's physio, I started taking creatine recently. I ordered 1KG from Bulkpowders.

I have used the last four days as ''loading'' days. Taking 20G a day so as of today I am going to be taking 5G as maintenance. Is this the correct way to take the creatine?

I play a lot of GAA and the benefits of creatine seem to suit my sport but I am just wondering has anybody that has taken it seen improvement or how long does it take to see improvement?

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

http://www.jissn.com/content/4/1/6

No need to load / cycle or anything like that.

Take 5-7g a day, whenever it suits you. It will take a while to reach saturation and you will never feel it "starting to work"

The performance gains are minor, it could mean 12 reps on an exercise instead of 11 for example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pat_custard

I don't think you so much feel its effects when using it.

but if you take it regularly and train for several months as well then stop taking it you'll notice it then, or at least I did anyways.

Felt like a frail old woman on the pitch and in the gym a couple days after going off it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

not just a placebo effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

not just a placebo effect?

No, it has been scientifically proven to increase strength to some degree.

You will bloat up a bit on it mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I Was more questioning the "frail old woman" comment the next day from not taking it tbf.

Was genuinely unsure

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I Was more questioning the "frail old woman" comment the next day from not taking it tbf.

Was genuinely unsure

Oh yeah, sorry. Yeah I don't think you see any instant benefits one way or the other but there is definitely a difference over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pat_custard

Not the next day, a "couple of days" although I shouldn't have used couple because I actually meant more than 2 days.

Memory is a bit hazy on the exact amount of days, it was a few years ago but the main point was I felt the difference once I stopped with it

Advertisement