Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gate closing time for transatlantic flight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I find the pre-clearance a huge bonus, first time I flew to DC was waiting over an hour to get through, second time with pre-clearance I walked straight to the bag carousel. Flying into JFK from Panama last year also took over an hour as we seemed to arrive in at lunch-time when a lot of the desks were un-manned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Last 3 times I've arrived in US without preclearance I've walked straight up to the counter at immigration. Its really down to luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

There's a tool on the CBP site which allows you to check approximate wait times at any given port of entry.

http://awt.cbp.gov/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

athtrasna wrote: »
    Precisely. I've queued for hours in Lax and Atlanta when travelling from Europe.

Atlanta is a nightmare.

Advertisement