Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punch bag gone soft

Options
  • 27-04-2015 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi

So i recently got a punch bag, 5ft, prefilled. and i love it. giving it a good hammering every 2nd day.

i've noticed that the area where i strike it most, (near the top of the bag) has gone a bit soft, prob due to the repeated strikes, and settling of the content.

how do i avoid it going soft, should i get more fill for it, or un-hang it when not used?

(im 6ft 4 so hitting it near the top of the bag)

any suggestions appreciated.,
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Maybe it's the same as it ever was, your fists have just got really hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Proud of yourself, OP? Beating a defenseless bag to a pulp?

:mad:

Can you hang it or stand it upside down? Or rotate it? Let the filling resettle.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It probably needs more filler. Or better filler.
    You shouldn't be hitting the bag higher up because you are taller, you should hang the bag higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

Maybe it's the same as it ever was, your fists have just got really hard?

i now have fists of steel :)

endacl wrote: »
    Proud of yourself, OP? Beating a defenseless bag to a pulp?

:mad:

Can you hang it or stand it upside down? Or rotate it? Let the filling resettle.

i am proud of myself :) if i ever get in a fight with a punch bag, i have a good chance of winning!

there is a hook on the underside, but wasnt sure it its ok to hang it from there? might give that a shot.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    It probably needs more filler. Or better filler.
    You shouldn't be hitting the bag higher up because you are taller, you should hang the bag higher.

bag is up as high as it can be at the minute, might look at hanging it differently, ie removing a link or 2 off the chain, have take 4 links off it already...

ill see if i can get more filler for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

In relation to eye level, where is the top of the bag?

so height wise, im 6ft 4, top of bag is about 6ft 2.

see attachments.

would it be worth loosing the chain, and just getting strong rope to hang it higher on the hook?

thanks for the suggestions so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It's a bit low alright. You'll naturally be hitting it higher up where there's gonna be more give. There's limited enough scope to pull the chains a link closer but realistically that's not going to raise it enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

X marks the spot for eye level. This is the head area in relation to bag/body

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

An appropriate quote from the great Bruce Lee - "Boards don't hit back!"

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

so height wise, im 6ft 4, top of bag is about 6ft 2.

see attachments.

would it be worth loosing the chain, and just getting strong rope to hang it higher on the hook?

thanks for the suggestions so far..
    The chain is probably to short for decent movement of the bag.
    The reason you are having issues is because you are way too tall for that stand. Hang it from the ceiling or just with a fairly unusable bag imo

Advertisement