Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexism in pro-marriage video

Options
  • 26-04-2015 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMPRo4fqziE

‘Plus I couldn’t sleep if I thought the law of this land wouldn’t let top blokes like Anne Doyle marry some other geezer.’

I can't be the only one that thinks a pro-marriage equality video shouldn't have a joke insulting a woman based on her looks?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

You do realize the actor behind Dustin and Anne Doyle are long time friends?
    Even the joke about LGBT = Lets (keep) Gay Byrne (off) Telly is an old old joke between Dustin and Gaybo himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭newport2

Have met Anne Doyle on several occasions before, my sister knows her. Very funny person and more than able to take a joke. She'll have found this very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Demonique wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMPRo4fqziE

‘Plus I couldn’t sleep if I thought the law of this land wouldn’t let top blokes like Anne Doyle marry some other geezer.’

I can't be the only one that thinks a pro-marriage equality video shouldn't have a joke insulting a woman based on her looks?

You kind of are.
    I'm amused by how you've posted this on at least two forums and both have given the majority view that it's an overreaction.

It's a video featuring two puppets with a positive message for the LGBT community.

Relax a little and take some solace in the fact that as a society, we seem to get some things right sometimes, and this is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

MOD

Hi OP,

You've this thread also posted in LGBT so I'll lock this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement