Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Measurement Of 1 Ring On Olympic Bar To The Next?

Options
  • 25-04-2015 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

I dont have an olympic bar at home and was just wondering how far apart are the two rings as i need this for bench pressing as i always did shoulder width for bench press but always worked my triceps way more!! I only have a standard bar 1' but it is very long so how wide is it between the two rings, around 810mm i believe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I dont have an olympic bar at home and was just wondering how far apart are the two rings as i need this for bench pressing as i always did shoulder width for bench press but always worked my triceps way more!! I only have a standard bar 1' but it is very long so how wide is it between the two rings, around 810mm i believe?

Shoulder width is more close grip bench press which is used to work triceps harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Shoulder width is more close grip bench press which is used to work triceps harder.

Yeah just realised that my triceps have gotten way bigger and my chest doesn't seem to be changed at all..
    I bet i cant bench more very wide than shoulder width:L

• Registered Users Posts: 39,196 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

810mm to inside of the rings. Some power bars are 910. Or when there is dual rings.
    But I'm not sure why you need these distances. If you need to widen your grip them widen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Thanks for this i have serious undeveloped chest because i bought a standard cheap bench on argos and the bar holder is so narrow i cant go past wide grip and if i go too wide as i finish my set my hands bumps into the bar holders when im putting the bar back which is seriously annoying.
    My chest needs to catch up with triceps fast..

Advertisement