Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poultry Feed and Bedding Suppliers Co. Kerry or Cork

Options
  • 24-04-2015 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello, we're shortly going to go and see a poultry breeder and take delivery of some chooks.

Whilst we've got the initial feed, bedding, and various health/hygiene products coming with the coop and run, does anyone know where these things i.e feed and bedding as well as Poultry VermX pellets might be purchased in person in either Kerry or Cork please?

Even better if the pellets are organic.

Everywhere I find seems to be situated up towards Dublin and we'll have to get it all delivered which seems like a right faff.

Please accept my apologies if this has already been covered, I did have a look through but couldn't see anything recent.

The Co-op agricultural stores here are great for cows and sheep related stuff, but not great for poultry items.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thank you!
    VL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

You could try Ryall O'Mahony in Midleton:

http://www.ryallomahony.com

I get my layers pellets there, they do Fancy Feeds organic pellets. They also do wood shavings (bedding) and other bits like apple cider vinegar. It's a small store but they seem to be well stocked. It would be worth giving them a call to see if they stock everything you need before making a journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 vikinglass

Thank you bluecherry! I didn't fancy driving all the way to the Dingle Peninsula to get to MacEoins :-) Much appreciated. You'd think the Dairygold co-op stores here would have more for poultry, but they don't!

Advertisement