Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends of Pat Halligan Cycle North County Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

bcmf wrote: »
    I saw some of the markings today!
    The markings are white arrows. At some junctions, the letters 'PH' accompany the arrows (to avoid confusion where there are other white markings left over from previous sportives).

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

Bringing my own. Maybe leave them at the car park food stop, as an incentive to not stop off at bcmf's house!

Puggy wrote: »
    Bringing my own. Maybe leave them at the car park food stop, as an incentive to not stop off at bcmf's house!
    You could always nip into McGuire's Coffee Shop - the stop is in their car park! (Well known to those on the McNSCC Thursday rides ;)).

You could always nip into McGuire's Coffee Shop - the stop is in their car park! (Well known to those on the McNSCC Thursday rides ;)).

What would you recommend for breakfast, was thinking of havin porridge at about 7am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

There will be gluten full scones and strong espresso available eat my house.

• Advertisement

What would you recommend for breakfast, was thinking of havin porridge at about 7am.
    It's only a 120k leg loosener so breakfast is optional!

(I just can't go porridge. I haven't eaten it since I was old enough to say 'NO' and get away with it - about 35 years ago! Bowl of pasta would be my breakfast of choice if I was going out for some time).

bcmf wrote: »
    There will be gluten full scones and strong espresso available eat my house.
    Great stuff. :) What time is this fine breakfast being served at? I can be there at 7am.

Beasty wrote: »
    Today was definitely cricket weather (in Malahide anyway;))...
    They still managed to fit in 18 overs before being rained off. The rain must have begun later in Malahide than everywhere else. I was soaked on the bike at 11.30am.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

They still managed to fit in 18 overs before being rained off. The rain must have begun later in Malahide than everywhere else. I was soaked on the bike at 11.30am.
    It started raining, albeit not much more than spots, before they completed the minimum 10 overs (if less than that is played I would be due a full refund!) and gradually increased over those subsequent 8 overs. I knew what to expect and headed straight back to the car. By the time I got to Tesco's in Rush it was certainly getting a lot heavier

Beasty wrote: »
    ....before they completed the minimum 10 overs (if less than that is played I would be due a full refund!)..
    Ah! - was wondering if there was a minimum to be played before refunds. (We're not blessed with luck weatherwise for one day internationals).

• Advertisement

Porridge tastes so good in the morning! Couldn't stomach pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Some videos of the event are already up over on the Facebook page for the event.
    Great turnout and lovely weather too which is somewhat of a miracle after yesterday — depending on how much you believe in that sort of thing.

Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/fophcycle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Did the 120km ride at the 30kph pace (which was really 32.6kph).Great group,well paced by the lead car,lovely weather,great way to spend a morning.Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

^^^
    +1
    Fantastic weather comdidering the end of days weather yesterday!
    Did the 120km/25kph spin which actually came in at an average of 29kph.
    Great route and great turnout.
    Chapeau to all involved!

I have just reached Tara on my solo effort. (Was driving a lead car during the main event).

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BremoreDave

That was a fantastic spin and my longest time spent on a bike , 5hrs 4min including up to and home from the start at an avg of 27.4km/h overall which I am delighted with.
    Well done to all involved , especially the organisers/marshals and thanks for a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

Thanks to all the people who joined us today. Good turnout from all the clubs across Dublin and beyond. Worthy tribute to Pat.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

For anyone who could not make it today but would still like to contribute to this great cause, donations can be made via this link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I rode this yesterday. Very enjoyable spin. I went out with group 1 which went a good clip. The lead car was great for not letting things get too out of control and the bike marshals were excellent. They really made for a good day out.
    Some nice sandwiches cake and tea afterwards.

Thanks to all, very well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FP15

Thanks for a great day yesterday, first cycle like that and really enjoyed it, great atmosphere and very welcome coffee and treats afterwards. Hope it was a successful day, thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

Did the 120k with the 30km/h group. Great peleton, and excellent organisation, marshalling and food at the end. Really enjoyed it.

Advertisement