Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detox plans

Options
  • 22-04-2015 11:06pm

I've been trying to look this up on Google, but to be honest I'm completely lost about it .. I know people have asked previously, so wondering if I could get a fresh perspective.

Have been trying to lose fat recently (not so much weight, because I'm doing strength plans at the gym) and have also noticed that my skin has been looking worse and my face has been feeling slightly bloated lately.

I'm contemplating doing a detox plan, but I have no idea what would be best. Anyone able to give me some advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I've been trying to look this up on Google, but to be honest I'm completely lost about it .. I know people have asked previously, so wondering if I could get a fresh perspective.

Have been trying to lose fat recently (not so much weight, because I'm doing strength plans at the gym) and have also noticed that my skin has been looking worse and my face has been feeling slightly bloated lately.

I'm contemplating doing a detox plan, but I have no idea what would be best. Anyone able to give me some advice?

There was a bit about them last week on the consumer show. They tested a few peoples bloods before and after a detox diet (I can't remember if there were other outcome measures used), but there was no difference, and they concluded that they're all a bit of a gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

jlm29 wrote: »
    There was a bit about them last week on the consumer show. They tested a few peoples bloods before and after a detox diet (I can't remember if there were other outcome measures used), but there was no difference, and they concluded that they're all a bit of a gimmick.

I don't think you need to bother with detoxing to be honest - just eat proper food. Agreed it's a gimmick.

If it had to be killed to get on your plate or it grew from the ground.. you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,581 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

'Detox diets' don't do anything. Which is okay since your liver and kidneys detox for you anyway.

What's your diet like?

Advertisement