Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For users of Optimum Nutrition whey...

Options
  • 20-04-2015 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

... Which flavours do you prefer? I'm using strawberry and love it, but welcome opinions on the others such as chocolate, banana, and the more unusual flavours I've seen on line and want to keep 2, 3 flavours in my kitchen.
    And where do you buy? I've been buying in my local shop, €25 for a pouch.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Bassfish

... Which flavours do you prefer? I'm using strawberry and love it, but welcome opinions on the others such as chocolate, banana, and the more unusual flavours I've seen on line and want to keep 2, 3 flavours in my kitchen.
    And where do you buy? I've been buying in my local shop, €25 for a pouch.

Thanks.

I use the chocolate and peanut butter flavour, really nice, has kind of a snickers like taste. I hate any artificial strawberry flavour so I tend to stick to the chocolate based flavours.
    I get mine online from Fitness Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Thank you. I had a look and the prices seem good on that website. Is it the Extreme Milk Choc you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,581 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I used vanilla.

And then I switched to MyProtein and their vanilla is as nice and a fraction of the price.

Bulk Powders' vanilla is a sweeter taste but not bad and was €50 for 5kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Thank you. I had a look and the prices seem good on that website. Is it the Extreme Milk Choc you use?

No, chocolate-peanut butter. Might have been a limited edition flavour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭uberalex

They have so many flavours
    http://www.optimumnutrition.ie/gold-standard-100-whey

I like the chocolate ones. I got the cookies and cream one, but it was just a sweeter vanilla. I now have the PB + choc one which I like.
    I tend to chuck in a little cayenne, coffee, five spice, or cinnamon to give it variety.

• Advertisement

Thanks to all. Am sold on the Choc peanut butter :-) and will see about another flavour, maybe the banana cream.
    Alf, not overly keen on vanilla, even vanilla ice cream.
    Am on ON because I've test run it, is there much difference in my protein or bulk powders etc?
    I like the idea of adding to your shake. I have a bag of spurilina which I'm going to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,581 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Alf, not overly keen on vanilla, even vanilla ice cream.
    Am on ON because I've test run it, is there much difference in my protein or bulk powders etc?

I only say vanilla cos it's all I've tried. The profile from MyProtein and BulkPowders is as good as ON.

Per serving, you get 24g of protein with ON and 21g with MP (Impact Whey). So just top up with an extra bit of a scoop of MP if you so wish. Slightly lower carb content in MP.

2.5kg bag of Impact Whey costs €42.39. Works out at 48.36g of protein per €1.

For ON (Gold Standard) it's 29.64g of protein per €1.

There are other threads where people comment on their flavour preferences but its subjective. I just didn't find any flavour difference between ON and MP. That's why I switched to MP.

Thanks for the insights. V helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I have IBS and can't digest ON at all but fine with MyProtein.

Advertisement