Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beer or coke...which is the lesser evil?

Options
  • 18-04-2015 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

So I like my beer. Especially after a gym session, nothing hits the spot better than a cold one. I really find very nothing else quite as refreshing. Coke is not a bad distant second though. What I'm wondering though is which is less bad? I usually have a few in the evening in the pub anyway, but saying im right after the gym and I'm choosing between a beer and a coke, which would you choose?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

If your serious about the gym none of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

RUNNER 1 wrote: »

That's bs. Gym might not be about weight loss, it could be about fitness levels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

RUNNER 1 wrote:

Yeah because if you don't devout and mould your life around What's the point in doing it? Amiright!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

coke would be worse full of sugar although not sure the content in beer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭worded

Speed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So if your serious about the gym you can't have a beer?!

Grow up.

Ps op the only reason you wouldn't want to be doing it is IF you're looking to loose weight.

Otherwise do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sweetthing

I' m not massive into the gym. Not a body builder or a big lifter, just enjoy lifting things and staying in shape. I don't think a coke or beer will wreck my modest goals. For the récord I'm mainly thinking of long-term effects to one's health

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

You can have both if you so wish.

A can of coke isn't going to derail you goals and neither are a few pints if that's
    what you want. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Not enough information.

Do you want to protect your teeth more? Then I'd say most beer would be better than coke.

Want to leave the gym after weight lifting and get instant enery to go for a 10k run? I'd say Coke would be better than beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You do a proper weights session and you can have either. The sugar from the coke will go straight into rebuilding glycogen stores and the alcohol content of one beer is trivial.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I had a lucozade orange as a pre workout today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

beer is the lesser evil, coke is absolutely full of sugar compared to it

There's around 11 grams of sugar in a bottle of lager and 33 grams of sugar in a can of coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

There are compounds that are good for you in most beers, there is little of any use in Coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

ch750536 wrote:
    There are compounds that are good for you in most beers, there is little of any use in Coke.

Wow. Please go more in depth on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sweetthing

I think that first study just made my week!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Whichever you want, a can of coke is something like 142 calories, feck all really. Sure it's not great for you but you work hard, you play hard. :p

personally I'd want the coke.

Advertisement