Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abdominal pain

Options
  • 18-04-2015 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hoping to get some help here. I've noticed the last while I have been getting pains just under the left/right side of my chest at the top of my rib cage when standing up/walking for too long.

I'm pretty sure these are muscular pains although I used to get pains around the same area before which I put down to having too much weight on. I started the gym about a year ago lifting weights which is where I may have strained something. Although I find it strange it doesn't hurt at all when I'm in the gym?

I notice it a lot when I'm out for a few pints and standing up for a while it gets quite uncomfortable. Also noticed it yesterday walking home from work with a bag on my back. Anyone any ideas what this is/ how to stop it?

My aunt is a nurse and she said it could be the pain from shingles which I had a few years back which can affect you again. She also mentioned the rub on gel painkillers can help? I'd prefer to not have to stop the gym for long if possible, especially since it doesn't hurt in the gym and I'm not sure if that's what even causes it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Go to the doc / physio

Advertisement