Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutritional advice needed

Options
  • 18-04-2015 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

hi all, noticed myself getting a bit pudgy in areas of my body and not gonna lie it's because of my diet. I always had a fast metabolism and I couldn't gain weight even if I tried. I never watched what I ate and I don't do exercise because I really don't have time but now it's starting to catch up on me.
    So I've decided to start cutting out unhealthy foods that are gonna make me gain weight.
    I've already stopped eating the usual culprits, sweets crisps cake biscuits fried foods white bread and white pasta etc.
    but now I have no idea what else to do, has anyone any advice or tips?
    I really can't start exercising until the summer so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Almen11 wrote: »
    hi all, noticed myself getting a bit pudgy in areas of my body and not gonna lie it's because of my diet. I always had a fast metabolism and I couldn't gain weight even if I tried. I never watched what I ate and I don't do exercise because I really don't have time but now it's starting to catch up on me.
    So I've decided to start cutting out unhealthy foods that are gonna make me gain weight.
    I've already stopped eating the usual culprits, sweets crisps cake biscuits fried foods white bread and white pasta etc.
    but now I have no idea what else to do, has anyone any advice or tips?
    I really can't start exercising until the summer so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

What's a typical day's food like?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Almen11

What's a typical day's food like?

Morning: omelette and some tomato, or cup of tea 2 rice cakes with peanut butter chopped banana and a drizzle of honey
    At 11 : chicken and lettuce and mayonnaise gi bread sandwich and a muller breakfast yoghurt
    At 1: another sandwich and two pieces of fruit or a fruit salad
    I try mix up lunch so I might have a salad instead of sandwiches or brown pasta tuna and sweetcorn. No dressing just olive oil.
    Dinner: varies greatly, eg yesterday I had some salmon fillet and brown pasta with olive oil drizzled on top. Sometimes I have roast chicken and rice, cous cous with steamed veg and lentil sauce (Mediterranean style)
    For snacks I'd have rice cakes and peanut butter, some fruit, a yoghurt
    I drink about half a liter of water a day aswell.

Almen11 wrote: »
    Morning: omelette and some tomato, or cup of tea 2 rice cakes with peanut butter chopped banana and a drizzle of honey
    At 11 : chicken and lettuce and mayonnaise gi bread sandwich and a muller breakfast yoghurt
    At 1: another sandwich and two pieces of fruit or a fruit salad
    I try mix up lunch so I might have a salad instead of sandwiches or brown pasta tuna and sweetcorn. No dressing just olive oil.
    Dinner: varies greatly, eg yesterday I had some salmon fillet and brown pasta with olive oil drizzled on top. Sometimes I have roast chicken and rice, cous cous with steamed veg and lentil sauce (Mediterranean style)
    For snacks I'd have rice cakes and peanut butter, some fruit, a yoghurt
    I drink about half a liter of water a day aswell.

Hard to gauge without quantities?

What time is breakfast at cos that's a sizeable enough mid-morning snack (sandwich and yoghurt).

Have you ever tried plugging it into MyFitnessPal to see what you're getting on board?

Nothing fundamentally wrong with the food. Probably just needs tweaking

Hard to gauge without quantities?

What time is breakfast at cos that's a sizeable enough mid-morning snack (sandwich and yoghurt).

Have you ever tried plugging it into MyFitnessPal to see what you're getting on board?

Nothing fundamentally wrong with the food. Probably just needs tweaking

8 o'clock,so I get really hungry at around 10! Yes I have but it told me I should be eating 1500 calories a day which I thought was quite low considering I'm a young female who's still growing! Would you recommend that I cut out carbs?

No, no need to cut out carbs.

You're eating healthily and growing. Maybe try a smaller mid morning snack that might have you feeling fuller but don't get hung up on it. You're young and growing

• Advertisement

No, no need to cut out carbs.

You're eating healthily and growing. Maybe try a smaller mid morning snack that might have you feeling fuller but don't get hung up on it. You're young and growing

Okay thanks so much for the advice!

Advertisement