Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuuuuck!!!

Options
  • 18-04-2015 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Hey All!

So I've been dieting since early Feb and have so far lost 16lb. Bear in mind, a 2 week trip to New York was between then now. The problem I'm having is that im stuck. I weigh myself once a week and for the last 5 weeks, I've stayed the same. Do I need to change up my diet or work out regime? I've lost just over a stone which I'm super proud of but still have 4 to go!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

I find that trying a new exercise can help with plateau, like for example if before now you've just been walking or running, maybe try swimming or some yoga for a couple of weeks - you will challenge different muscles and may get some weight loss as a result.

That's what worked for me in the past anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Oh and also intermittent fasting is great - once a week I had a my last meal at say 6pm and then wouldn't eat anything for at least 16-20 hours.

Lots of water and herbal teas though.

And then to 'break' the fast I'd have a green smoothie and then a light meal.

I didn't exercise during fasting hours but would go for a walk after my meal.
    Sped up weight loss for me a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,581 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Your diet was for the weight you were. You had calorie requirements when you were heavier but now you've lost over a stone so it's possible that what was once a deficit is now maintenance, hence the plateau.

Might need to tweak the diet and increase exercise a touch.

But congratulations...what you have already achieved is brilliant.

Advertisement