Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 18th April

Options
  • 17-04-2015 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

One for me in the shape of 3.25 Newbury Mister Music 33/1. Will get a write up done later but can't see the price lasting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ladeeen

20's with Boyles now

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

I shot the sheriff 9/2 in the 2.35 (plot job if there ever was one) we don't know how good the horse even is yet, rated 146 in Ireland, 133 across the water, plenty in hand here and should go close. My father bred this horse and sold as a one year old and we still have his mother as a brood mare so we have serious interest in this one...
    I'll also be on Milborough in the Grand national 20/1 is serious value for a horse trained locally and who'll stay all day long!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

3.25 Newbury

Mister Music 33/1

Newbury's Spring Cup in the past 4 years has been won by horses who had run in either the Lincoln or Spring Mile at Doncaster on the opening weekend of the flat season (majority of placed horses had run in those races as well) and with only 6 of tomorrow's field taking that route I'm hoping it's a big pointer to this contest and I'm hopeful for a big run from the potentially very well handicapped Mister Music who caught my eye with a promising stable debut for Robert Eddery in the Spring Mile 3 weeks ago. A talented enough horse for Richard Hannon in his first 3 seasons which saw him rated 100 on a few occasions, Mister Music was pretty disappointing on his 3 runs for Brian Meehan last year but I thought he shaped with a lot of promise on his seasonal reappearance and stable debut 3 weeks ago. Having settled mid division under Martin Harley, Mister Music travelled sweetly to be bang there in the firing line at the 2f pole but he didn't pick up as it looked like he would as he eventually faded to be beaten far enough in 8th but dropped a further 2lb to a mark of 87 which sees him carry a career low mark in a handicap and just 8 stone if he needed that run then he could be a big player in this. Trainer Robert Eddery is in excellent form at the moment with 2 winners from his last 3 runners and Jimmy Quinn is about as good a jockey there is who can do such a low weight. With the quick ground sure to suit him down to the ground and with a pretty good draw in stall 13, if Mister Music improves for his recent stable debut and builds on the promise he showed that day then I think this clearly well handicapped animal could be a big player in this very competitive contest and hopefully he can land the spoils at a huge price.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Raz de maree ew for Scottish national , was expected to run well last week if he got in , 40-1 now gone , 25-1 just about right

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

What u reckon for the Scottish National Rossom?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Miall108 wrote: »
    What u reckon for the Scottish National Rossom?

Haven't really had a look but Al Co looks to have a great chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I could be totally wrong but did Gallant Oscor skip the Irish to go for the Scottish national.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

I know it's all about ivawood tomorrow, but, with fast ground, going to take my chance on a Rip Van Winkle horse, Dick Whittington, each way.

The race involving Romsdal looks brilliant but prices are short. Seems Godolphin are buying up everyone (as per usual)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I could be totally wrong but did Gallant Oscor skip the Irish to go for the Scottish national.

Skipped the Irish, went into the English and is after ending up in Scotland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ogruairi

In the 1:45 Newbury I'm going to go for Arab Spring. I've been following the horse since it's second race, and after a disappointing 4th LTO I think he can get back to winning ways here. Ryan Moore rides with the main danger looking to be Romsdal, who's been fairly successful in the Classics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

6.25 - Nottingham - Period Piece

This is a total punt but the horse has performed well on the all weather over the winter and now it's over in Jamie Osbournes yard. 16/1 prob says it won't go well on the turf but I'm gonna give it a go today and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Missed the 3/1 on Gilt Shadow in the 16:25 at Ayr. He probably bounced last time at Naas and giving him a chance here back over hurdles. If he can go back to his novice and bumper form, then a mark of 135 should be easy to overcome.

In the 16:55 I'm chancing Midnight Game in the "hands and heels" only race. He was always a soft sort under pressure so conditions of this race might suit him. He's clearly on the downgrade but his mark has plummeted as a result. Ellisson can usually get a win or two out of these cast offs and this lads handicap mark is starting to look appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Solar impulse 5-1 2.00 Ayr up in trip a dangerous thing for a Nicholls horse,
    Could be a big horse in the future.
    Oscar Fortune 8-1 13.35 Ayr poor last time out but bits of decent form, should be within a Horse's Hairs Breadth :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,446 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Battleroftheboyne in the opener at Navan at 9/1 (again). Connections will be very eager to get this horse a winner on its preferred soft ground. With Summer around the corner and a decent second place last time out, I am not at all surprised to see it out again today.

Bit of dough for Black Spot On in the 4:40 at Navan, a horse I gave a tip for on here before that just about managed to get a win at Leopardstown back then. Am told the connections involved are very opportunistic about where to place this horse, so it's not at all surprising that they're taking advantage of ridiculously low handicap rating. Should have tipped this last night, but was asleep at the wheel. Still some 5/1 available though.

Another one to watch in that 4:40 is Benkei, who recently switched owners. In terms of breeding, this horse pisses all over the opposition it faces today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

3.45 Ayr - Houblon Des Obeaux

Keeping looking at his form behind Many Clouds in the Hennessy in November

Dropped 2lbs since then

Looks reasonably treated

Good should hopefully be ok

Worth a punt at 25/1+ or 6/1 to place with the exchanges

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ladeeen

Jayo11780 wrote: »
    I shot the sheriff 9/2 in the 2.35 (plot job if there ever was one) we don't know how good the horse even is yet, rated 146 in Ireland, 133 across the water, plenty in hand here and should go close. My father bred this horse and sold as a one year old and we still have his mother as a brood mare so we have serious interest in this one...

I Shot the Sheriff n/r

• Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

bug.gif
    Houblon Des Obeaux 20-1 ew 3.45
    I think this will go well here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

If Trustan Times can jump around smoothly, he'll be very hard to beat. Smashed the first fence last year and managed to fly home after a patient ride. He's 2lbs lower than that and this has been the aim all season. I'm on at 16s antepost and took 16s this morning. Tempted to go in again at 14s. Big chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

bug.gif
    Houblon Des Obeaux 20-1 ew 3.45
    I think this will go well here.

On my computer, I see a bug/ant crawling around on my screen. You must have inserted it as its definitely not my computer as I checked :D

Gallant Oscar N/r

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That performance from Mahsoob needs marking up hugely. Very impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Heart of a lion performance from Puffin Billy just there

Puffin Billy done at 85/1 in running

Showed some heart there to get up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

abarkie wrote: »
    Puffin Billy done at 85/1 in running

Showed some heart there to get up

I loved watching that. Tried to make all, blundered about 3 of the last 5 fences (one of them nearly unseating Aspell) and then looked beaten in the closing stages only to find that one little burst to get him ahead.

ogruairi wrote: »
    In the 1:45 Newbury I'm going to go for Arab Spring. I've been following the horse since it's second race, and after a disappointing 4th LTO I think he can get back to winning ways here. Ryan Moore rides with the main danger looking to be Romsdal, who's been fairly successful in the Classics.

To be fair, Arab Spring had ran a lot of races by then, and this was only his first or second pattern race. Wasn't a terrible run. Worried about Stoute form (running well now)like the ground

ogruairi wrote: »

Great call, I was put off by him due to not running in a long time (though won on his first outing last year) his.last race definitely didn't put me off. Going from handicaps straight over to one pattern race was a lot to ask, first time out. He may not have won last time out but he definitely proved that he was a pattern race horse (Ascot made that clear)

One to watch for Ascot

Anyone think Gassin Golf has a chance in Ayr. I know he's a bit of a brides mate, but, he is consistent and often in the money. Nice Weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

All those yellow covers on those horses are annoying and distracting

Advertisement