Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manu Chao RHK June 27th

Options
  • 17-04-2015 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

The king of bongos is coming back to Dublin!
    30 euro a ticket on sale next Friday! Delighted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I'm so excited about this! Missed him last time 8 years ago, this time I'll be there with bells on. 30 quid is pretty sound for a big international act too.

Listening to this now to whet the appetite! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They used to be a big festival band, would suit Body & Soul festival, you hardly hear of them these days.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Haven't toured for a while, i don't think people in English speaking countries appreciate how huge they are abroad especially in France Spain Portugal Italy Latin America, gonna be a massive gig for all the foreigners and cheap too.

Can't bloody wait, made my day. Didn't even think a tour was on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Fecking delighted. Was only listening to him earlier. Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Everyone get tickets??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

but1er wrote: »
    Everyone get tickets??

Yep! Me gustas..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 babinicz

Good people of Dublin please advise me were to park the car when travelling to the event.
    Will heuston station car park be OK?
    Or somewhere else?
    I can't wait to see these crazy guys
    Manu Chao La Ventura

babinicz wrote: »
    Good people of Dublin please advise me were to park the car when travelling to the event.
    Will heuston station car park be OK?
    Or somewhere else?
    I can't wait to see these crazy guys
    Manu Chao La Ventura

Ya you could park there but it could be full.

It would be as easy park at the red cow park and ride and take the luas to heuston , kilmainham is 5 mins walk from there.

Or park James' hospital but that would probably cost a fortune

http://open.spotify.com/user/1174045675/playlist/7aABxzW18TPBfVJUE6ikmt

Spotify users threw together and quick playlist for Saturday! 5 days Away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 babinicz

lbj666 wrote: »
    Ya you could park there but it could be full.

It would be as easy park at the red cow park and ride and take the luas to heuston , kilmainham is 5 mins walk from there.

Or park James' hospital but that would probably cost a fortune

Nice one Ibj666 Thanks that will help.
    Can't wait till Saturday
    Enjoy the show everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Saw them when they were here last time and as a previous poster said they are huge amongst the european ex pats. Should be a good gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Hey guys, I have a pair of tickets to Manu Chao on Saturday but I can't go. They're free to a good home so if any of ye have two friends that would like to go with you, you're welcome to them. Just send me a pm, first come first served.

EDIT: Tickets are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

anyone know if this is in a tent or stage?

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    anyone know if this is in a tent or stage?

Its outdoors, forecast isn't that bad although could change.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Its outdoors, forecast isn't that bad although could change.

cheers, yr weather has dub dry and hot...rte reporting rain...trust yr over rte tbh...heres hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

Thinking of going with my wife who is 4 months pregnant. Is it possible to bring in a fold up chair for her ?

radar0976 wrote: »
    Thinking of going with my wife who is 4 months pregnant. Is it possible to bring in a fold up chair for her ?

I doubt it, but you could try ringing someone (no idea who) to see if there if there is any area cornered off for vip, disabled etc, this is probably not going to sell out so they could actually be more accommodating than usual.

Its not really going to be a chill out mellow sit on the grass sort of gig, his live shows are pretty manic. Saying that it should be easy to avoid anyone going mental and still have a decent view.

I doubt it, but you could try ringing someone (no idea who) to see if there if there is any area cornered off for vip, disabled etc, this is probably not going to sell out so they could actually be more accommodating than usual.

Its not really going to be a chill out mellow sit on the grass sort of gig, his live shows are pretty manic. Saying that it should be easy to avoid anyone going mental and still have a decent view.

I seen a picture is there is benchs bit far back tough!

I seen a picture is there is benchs bit far back tough!

Or the tiered seating area have either side further up.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

Or the tiered seating area have either side further up.

So the tiered seating is still there and is on a first come, first served basis ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Irish Punks Blood and Whiskey confirmed as the support act, should do a good job of getting the crowd warmed up

http://www.hotpress.com/Blood-Or-Whiskey/news/Blood-or-Whiskey-to-support-Manu-Chao/14469700.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

MCD have announced the stage times:

Doors: 18:00
    Blood or Whiskey: 19.15
    Manu Chao: 20:30

https://www.facebook.com/mcd.productions/posts/10153501026654548

radar0976 wrote: »
    So the tiered seating is still there and is on a first come, first served basis ?

Doubt it , more than likely reserved for someone . Disabled access probably. You have to look into to find out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Doubt it , more than likely reserved for someone . Disabled access probably. You have to look into to find out more.

When I was there for Beck, they appeared to be on a first come, first served basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭degzs

Hey guys,

Thinking about heading up to gig but have a few questions. will it sell out or could I pickup a cheap ticket outside?

Whats the weather like in Dublin at the minute? I see showers later in the forecast.

should be a great gig.

Any idea what happened last night?

Got really drunk and was danced the two hours away!

Did he just play the same beat and tune about 8 times towards the end?

Mad gig

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

This was possibly the most fun gig I've been to.
    Didn't stop moving once. I'm in bits
    What is the name of the song the the crowd sing along with that the trumpeters play the riff to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Gig was 50 shades of spectacular. Such a great atmosphere and energy with no let up from the band or crowd throughout. One of the funnest gigs I've been to in a long, long time.

Any idea what happened last night?

Got really drunk and was danced the two hours away!

Did he just play the same beat and tune about 8 times towards the end?

Mad gig

Ya he tends to do that :P It was utter madness like i expected.

I think out of all of it my favorite bit was when any one who could speak spanish was singing along to clandestino. Which was more or less 70% of the crowd.

Unique gig , great mix of people at it too, great to see your average dull working professional irish summer gig goer totally out numbered at it.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure Ive never inhaled as much as my life last night!

What a buzz tough everyone in fantastic spirit

Advertisement