Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reducing fluoride consumption(brushing teeth)

Options
  • 17-04-2015 1:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭

Do any of you try to give your mouth a proper thorough wash out after brushing your teeth for the sake of reducing the amount of fluoride your body is contaminated to from the tooth paste? If one thinks of it this way, it might motivate you to make sure you give a proper rinse, so that the water will clear out nearly all dissolved toothpaste. I might sound odd to say out load, but I've been thinking like this for years now.

I guess I'm talking to people who have their own private wells, since town dwellers are forced to consume fluoride anyway? It seems logical to me though(assuming one hasn't already swallowed during brushing)... to try and get all the foamed toothpaste out by giving an extra rinse with water. You could reduce your fluoride contamination by say 90%, by spending an extra couple of seconds to do this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

Troll??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Poor fluoride-infested town-dwellers.

What I find very effective, OP, is to burn some sage in the morning and evening, and wave it in the corners of each room of the house. This has the dual benefit of smelling lovely and driving away the harmful fluoride spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I go through at least one tube a day.
    I used to have the XXX mints and then graduated to the Fishermann's Friends but I developed a tolerance.
    I also bathe in this:

k405738.jpg

Sometimes I scribble over 'Defense' and write 'D-Fens' for extra lolz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭To Need a Woman

Zillah wrote: »
    Poor fluoride-infested town-dwellers.

What I find very effective, OP, is to burn some sage in the morning and evening, and wave it in the corners of each room of the house. This has the dual benefit of smelling lovely and driving away the harmful fluoride spirits.
    I can't believe I'm getting sarcasm in the 'Health & Fitness' forum. I think ye town dwellers are bitter because ye have no choice in the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Fluoride causes sarcasm. Lack of fluoride increases sarcasm detection.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭To Need a Woman

Fluoride causes sarcasm. Lack of fluoride increases sarcasm detection.
    There it is again. The guinea pigs are so defiant!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Guinea pigs >> high horses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

florida-comewithme.jpg

Oh sorry.. Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

try and get all the foamed toothpaste out by giving an extra rinse with water. You could reduce your fluoride contamination by say 90%, by spending an extra couple of seconds to do this!

You are better off just using a mixture of chimney soot and baking soda to brush your teeth and reduce contamination by 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I can't believe I'm getting sarcasm in the 'Health & Fitness' forum. I think ye town dwellers are bitter because ye have no choice in the matter.

After Hours wasn't enough for you?
    I like having less cavities TYVM.
    fluoride-in-dentistry-350.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Wrong forum for this, thread locked.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement