Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probiotics

Options
  • 16-04-2015 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭

So I have finally gotten on top of my bowel issues with Probiotic tablets. Done know what they do but having proper movement for the first time in 2 years since I started them.
    However, at €17 for a 2 week supply I cant take them forever so I'm wondering if its possible to get something similar on prescription or a cheaper but equally as good alternative. These are the ones I take.

http://www.provenprobiotics.co.uk/adult-probiotic-x25-billion/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

A balanced healthy diet should be all you need, with enough fibre and bio-active food.
    If you take anti biotics then yes, it kills the bacteria in your stomach too. It should be seen as a garden in there, you have to feed it and take care of it, then it will take care of you.
    Things like no added sugar baked beans have lots of fibre and are easy to add into you diet if you are not able to pay \ prepare berries, avocado's seeds, nuts etc. Apples are a particularly good for fibre, 2 a day is a great idea.
    Bioactive foods are varies, grapes, apples, oats, linseeds, tomato, onion leeks, tea etc all contain bioactive compounds. Eat some of these raw each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I'm not good with fruit & veg, never was. I do put some linseed on my cereal in the morning and maybe in a youghurt as a snack but that is only a teaspoon in each. I also take 1g of psyllium husk at night

Advertisement