Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick all of the time

Options
  • 15-04-2015 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can I ask a question, it might be a stupid one but here goes.

Is it normal to be sick all the time?

Since Christmas I have been sick on and off, I get over it for a week and then get sick again, its like I have no immune system. I haven't been able to train in the gym consistently and when I do go back to working out I get sick again.

Now, I do have young kids in creche who might be bringing this all home but my wife never seems to get sick.

Its getting to the stage where I think I might need to go get some tests done.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Are you stressed a lot and are you eating the right foods

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sausagekayak

bluewolf wrote: »
    Are you stressed a lot and are you eating the right foods

Yea i guess I would be stressed, would that cause me to get physically sick all the time?

I'm eating ok, its not the best diet in the world but i have a good meal for dinner everyday, maybe I need a multivitamin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Stress, poor diet, poor sleep will all contribute to a weaker immune system.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Stress, poor diet, poor sleep will all contribute to a weaker immune system.

well i definitely have stress and poor sleep. I don't see this changing any time soon.

Is there anything people would suggest I do, taking into account that the stress and sleep wont get better any time soon?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If you are overloading your body with work, stress, loss of sleep, training and whatever else, yes it impacts your immune system. Ive been there. So you need to reduce the load in the ways you can. Look at the stresses and see what ones can be reduced. Do you waste time watching tv or online that you could use more productively, even if that means sleeping? You cant invent more than 24 hours in the day, but you can be smarter with the time you have got. Is the training you do adding to your stress, could you change it to a type that would be less stressful?

If your diet is poor or you eat on the trot a lot, it wont be helping either. A multivitamin or tonic wont hurt, but they wont replace actual rest and relaxation, if that is what your body needs. But hopefully the improving weather will also bring and improvement in health. Ive been sick more this year than normal too, maybe its just that kind of year!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the nice reply Oryx. Ill try take your advice where I can. Also going to try drinking one or two green juices per day to get some needed nutrients into my body, maybe if I give it what it needs then that will go a long way.

Advertisement