Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Recording

Options
  • 14-04-2015 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

First post in here. Stupid question and I know the answer is probably no, but:

I made a call to the emergency services last year. Without going into details, the call / situation had a great outcome and the guy on the phone was brilliant to me.

Just wondering if it is possible to get a recording of the call? Sentimental reasons only and it would be amazing to listen back :cool:

Would also like to thank the guy, but I guess it's just another day in the office for him.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

keith16 wrote: »
    Hi All,

First post in here. Stupid question and I know the answer is probably no, but:

I made a call to the emergency services last year. Without going into details, the call / situation had a great outcome and the guy on the phone was brilliant to me.

Just wondering if it is possible to get a recording of the call? Sentimental reasons only and it would be amazing to listen back :cool:

Would also like to thank the guy, but I guess it's just another day in the office for him.

Cheers.

No you won't get a copy of the call. But thanking the guy could be done easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Answer is no but a message could be passed depending on which service your talking about. I know you dont want to go into too much detail but we can try pass on a message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

You obviously missed the ****storm over stations recording calls. The last thing AGS would want to do is start handing them out. They've probably buried all the hard drives in some bog.

You obviously missed the ****storm over stations recording calls. The last thing AGS would want to do is start handing them out. They've probably buried all the hard drives in some bog.

It's Emergency Call recordings the OP is asking about. Emergency calls to the Gardaí are still recorded.

foreign wrote: »
    It's Emergency Call recordings the OP is asking about. Emergency calls to the Gardaí are still recorded.

All the stations where calls were recorded were ones that received emergency calls. That's why they had recording systems in place.

• Advertisement

All the stations where calls were recorded were ones that received emergency calls. That's why they had recording systems in place.

No, the issue was the recording of non emergency telephones.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

Yes you can get a copy of the recording. You need a solicitor to contact ECAS to request it on your behalf.
    You will need to provide the date/time of call. The number you called from and also the ES you were connected to. There is a charge of around €250 for this. You may also need to provide a reason why you want the call.

foreign wrote: »
    No, the issue was the recording of non emergency telephones.

It was the same system. It recorded all calls in the control room in the station for the same reason it recorded the 999 calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Taken from the data protection website:

"You have the right to data protection when your details are:

held on a computer;
    held on paper or other manual form as part of a filing system; and
    made up of photographs or video recordings of your image or recordings of your voice."

"To request access to your details, send a letter or email to the organisation or person holding your personal details and ask them for a copy of this information. The details should be easy to understand and you should receive them within 40 days of your request. You may have to pay a small fee, but this cannot be higher than €6.35."

So shouldnt the op be able to request it without having to fork out 250 yo yos

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

Don't know but it certainly looks that way. I'm basing the info I have on working there previously and dealing with call recordings the odd time when requested by the Garda etc.
    A request from a member of the public that we got was sent a letter to the effect of the info I have previously given. I don't know what happened after that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement