Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifting belts - where to buy?

Options
  • 14-04-2015 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Due to a recent unfortunate incident (my car was robbed and burned out, containing most of my gym gear at the time) I need to replace my lifting belt(s).

For various reasons (which I can't see as being important) I've been using two for the last few years (for different lifts, not at the same time); a leather Eleiko weightlifting belt, and a nylon/velcro Valeo belt.

I picked both of them up when living on the continent a few years ago, and as I could try them for size in the shop I didn't pay any attention their sizes.

I'd like to get the same again, as they were the best belts I've come across in their respective categories.

So, my question (finally) is, is there any shop in Ireland (preferably Dublin) that stock these (as it would be useful to try them on to ensure I'm getting the correct size)? And if not, any recommendation for a place to purchase them online (keeping in mind the current horrible exchange rate for euro to sterling).

And yes, I have already checked D8 Fitness, but the belts they stock are not for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

kd2113 wrote: »
    Due to a recent unfortunate incident (my car was robbed and burned out, containing most of my gym gear at the time) I need to replace my lifting belt(s).

For various reasons (which I can't see as being important) I've been using two for the last few years (for different lifts, not at the same time); a leather Eleiko weightlifting belt, and a nylon/velcro Valeo belt.

I picked both of them up when living on the continent a few years ago, and as I could try them for size in the shop I didn't pay any attention their sizes.

I'd like to get the same again, as they were the best belts I've come across in their respective categories.

So, my question (finally) is, is there any shop in Ireland (preferably Dublin) that stock these (as it would be useful to try them on to ensure I'm getting the correct size)? And if not, any recommendation for a place to purchase them online (keeping in mind the current horrible exchange rate for euro to sterling).

And yes, I have already checked D8 Fitness, but the belts they stock are not for me.
    buy either of these

https://instagram.com/p/0LafILDerT/?taken-by=dominicmunnelly

medium will fit most as long as you're not any more overweight than 6kg and if so go up a size.

Order from pull sports in the uk, get it sent to parcel motel and save yourself a chunk on shipping.

Get some wrists wraps while your at it if you need them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Try Mullen sports on Capel Street think I seen a couple in there don't think they have the widest selection though but worth popping in if you're in town just in case.

http://www.pullum-sports.co.uk/ is the distributor for here could give them a call see if there is somewhere here they supply them to.

Advertisement