Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicals and Training 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

The Garda Commissioner may exempt a person from meeting these requirements if satisfied that the person has personal attributes which otherwise render him or her suitable to be admitted as a reserve trainee. (This only occurs in exceptional circumstances).

I'm gone. Forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

He never told me if they gave a reason and I didn't ask ,but the guy has charity and community work done . but I don't think they hand them out to offen ,iv herd of people getting them but only a few from off this.
    I wish I had my maths past and this wouldn't be a problem .

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    He never told me if they gave a reason and I didn't ask ,but the guy has charity and community work done . but I don't think they hand them out to offen ,iv herd of people getting them but only a few from off this.
    I wish I had my maths past and this wouldn't be a problem .

I know same if only I could go back. If I do an irish class and pass would this be okay for applying in future recruitment it wonder ?

Cedric87 wrote:
    I know same if only I could go back. If I do an irish class and pass would this be okay for applying in future recruitment it wonder ?

Ya for sure it would, You know for full time you only need 5 passes in your LC but you do need 2 languages., so Irish and English,

Why was the Reserve entry requirements not changed like the full time ?

• Advertisement

Why was the Reserve entry requirements not changed like the full time ?

I haven't a clue it's a joke.

I rang today no word back on the form. But the lady said that the majority get exempt and it's rarely that people don't get it apparently. So a bit of hope

Cedric87 wrote:
    I rang today no word back on the form. But the lady said that the majority get exempt and it's rarely that people don't get it apparently. So a bit of hope

Good to here man , I gave an email just to see for me self. But if urs not back mine probs isn't.

Good to here man , I gave an email just to see for me self. But if urs not back mine probs isn't.

Your be in before mine.

Cedric87 wrote:
    Your be in before mine.

Got an email back, Got a Yes. Happy days.

• Advertisement

Got an email back, Got a Yes. Happy days.

Excellent Im chuffed for you. What was you total wait for it ?

Cedric87 wrote:
    Excellent Im chuffed for you. What was you total wait for it ?

Cheers.. :D 5 weeks.

Cheers.. :D 5 weeks.

2 more weeks for me so :(

Not long. don't worry about it.

Not long. don't worry about it.

Did they say they'd be in touch ?

Cedric87 wrote:
    Did they say they'd be in touch ?

They did indeed.

They did indeed.

Ive a bloody wait now ha hopefully if I get it we be on the same group.

RUNNER 1 wrote:
    Cedric87 u have to apply for exemption from the very start , but I'd say if you rang up and just let them know they would help you out .

When's the next training date ? Does anyone know , a few have said its not for awhile.

When's the next training date ? Does anyone know , a few have said its not for awhile.

I wouldn't take any notice to that, I believe they are in June and September

Cedric87 wrote:
    I wouldn't take any notice to that, I believe they are in June and September

Were did you here that Cedric87? Its just off this iv seen it might be awhile till the next one.

• Advertisement

Were did you here that Cedric87? Its just off this iv seen it might be awhile till the next one.

HQ told me, Id listen to them before anyone off here to be honest mate.

Cedric87 wrote:
    HQ told me, Id listen to them before anyone off here to be honest mate.

Ori cool . ya well hopefully there will be so .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I've seen this question by you a few times & I am surprised no-one has responded to explain:
    You have everything passed you say; so you are only one step from entering Templemore College <- You should honestly kick back; have a kit-kat; try and live some more and ensure you find yourself, but stay outta the headlines ;)

Once you start you will get this addiction inside you. It doesn't matter what you personally endure, you will have something inside you that will have you put on your uniform time and again.

^^ Now, I said above to Find Yourself :
    ~ know who you are and what you stand for.
    ~ Don't ever forget the person you were raised to be or what has brought you to this stage.
    ~ You will have to make decisions that will change you in differing ways.
    ~ You need to know who you are; know where your line is that you know you won't cross, regardless of the pressures put on you <- vital!

This is voluntary, but this will be such a change to you.
    ~ Don't let your health or well-being suffer.

An Garda Síochána is a slow-moving organisation. You will need to find extra patience, starting from now tbh. You are waiting anxiously to start your training, so just be patient with everything going on outside of your hands.

You have everything passed you say; so you are only one step from entering Templemore College.

Well Done & I Hope it all goes Well for you :)
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I've seen this question by you a few times & I am surprised no-one has responded to explain:
    You have everything passed you say; so you are only one step from entering Templemore College <- You should honestly kick back; have a kit-kat; try and live some more and ensure you find yourself, but stay outta the headlines ;)

Once you start you will get this addiction inside you. It doesn't matter what you personally endure, you will have something inside you that will have you put on your uniform time and again.

^^ Now, I said above to Find Yourself :
    ~ know who you are and what you stand for.
    ~ Don't ever forget the person you were raised to be or what has brought you to this stage.
    ~ You will have to make decisions that will change you in differing ways.
    ~ You need to know who you are; know where your line is that you know you won't cross, regardless of the pressures put on you <- vital!

This is voluntary, but this will be such a change to you.
    ~ Don't let your health or well-being suffer.

An Garda Síochána is a slow-moving organisation. You will need to find extra patience, starting from now tbh. You are waiting anxiously to start your training, so just be patient with everything going on outside of your hands.

You have everything passed you say; so you are only one step from entering Templemore College.

Well Done & I Hope it all goes Well for you :)
    kerry4sam

This was a lovely post kerry4sam!!!:) Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 karl6709

Hi all just another quick question..do they let you know if you failed at any stage during reserve recruitment?
    many thanks in advance!

karl6709 wrote: »
    Hi all just another quick question..do they let you know if you failed at any stage during reserve recruitment?
    many thanks in advance!

Yes you will be notified

Thanks Kerryforsam. :)

Thanks Kerryforsam. :)

Runner good news pal got the all clear today. See you in training pal.

Cedric87 wrote:
    Runner good news pal got the all clear today. See you in training pal.

Good stuff man.... Hopefully training isn't to far off .. :)

• Advertisement

Good stuff man.... Hopefully training isn't to far off .. :)

Yeah I hope not the sooner the better but sure luck it's been a long journey and we've finally got to where we wanted to be. Onwards and upwards from here

Advertisement