Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builders want more money

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

If the builder will take 10k less than his 30k request he is clearly desperate. I would tell the estate agent that you will now offer 20k less than your agreed price in 2014 or want your deposit back and walk elsewhere. Turn the tables on the two shysters . Prices are stable now and in some parts falling ever so slightly and these two know it and are trying to squeeze out a few extra quid before the cat is out of the bag that prices are going back in favour of the buyers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 delt900

Thanks for all the replys, we got word off our bank yesterday that if we change the address on the mortgage they regard it as a new application, since we have been approved we had another child, they have advised we would only qualify now for a mortgage of 60k less and we would have to have 20 percent deposit with the new rules since feb

So we have original mortgage at original
    Price on original address or we have nothing basically

I'm at the end of my tether with what to do if we walk
    Away we get no home for at least another 5 years as we don't have 20 percent deposit !
    I really thought you were approved with an amount in the bank surely changing the address shouldn't have to be a whole new application

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

delt900 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replys, we got word off our bank yesterday that if we change the address on the mortgage they regard it as a new application, since we have been approved we had another child, they have advised we would only qualify now for a mortgage of 60k less and we would have to have 20 percent deposit with the new rules since feb

So we have original mortgage at original
    Price on original address or we have nothing basically

I'm at the end of my tether with what to do if we walk
    Away we get no home for at least another 5 years as we don't have 20 percent deposit !
    I really thought you were approved with an amount in the bank surely changing the address shouldn't have to be a whole new application

of course it would as the collateral used to obtain the mortgage is a specific address. (in the past banks were a lot more flexible but that was when they were throwing money around)

Have you spoken to the agent / builder since?

Advertisement