Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossfit level 1

Options
  • 12-04-2015 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can help. My other half has failed the crossfit level 1 course. Anyone else out there passed or have any advice on passing it? Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Why did he fail?

It should be relatively easy to pass if you've a strong training background.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luckymummy

Hanley wrote: »
    Why did he fail?

It should be relatively easy to pass if you've a strong training background.

He failed on the technique part. He has a strong training background. He trains 4 -5 times a week. He's not good at exams and panics.

Luckymummy wrote: »
    He failed on the technique part. He has a strong training background. He trains 4 -5 times a week. He's not good at exams and panics.

What techniques did he fail on?

If he was a technically competent lifter he should have been able to do it.

Training 4-5x per wek doesn't mean much unless the coaching you receive is up to scratch.

Nor does a "strong training background" mean anything unless it was specific to the techniques being tested on.

Regardless, the solution is simple - train under a good coach for a few months until his technique is better and retake the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Training 4-5x per wek doesn't mean much unless the coaching you receive is up to scratch.

Nor does a "strong training background" mean anything unless it was specific to the techniques being tested on.

Regardless, the solution is simple - train under a good coach for a few months until his technique is better and retake the exam.
    This^^^^

Are you familiar with crossfit yourself?

It's a written exam. It doesn't state what you failed on it just gives you a percentage of what you got in each section. He's passed the physical part but is finding the written part difficult. He has a good coach and came second in the crossfit open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

He has a good coach and came second in the crossfit open.

Who's his coach? Why doesn't he talk to him/her about it?

Genuine question. Will you please explain what open he came second in?

Second in the world crossfit games? Second in Regional qualifiers? Second in his gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It's a written exam. It doesn't state what you failed on it just gives you a percentage of what you got in each section. He's passed the physical part but is finding the written part difficult. He has a good coach and came second in the crossfit open.

Second in the crossfit open in Ireland was Barry McDermott, head coach in Crossfit Four(Cork), listed as being lvl 1 certified on their site.

He needs be able to regurgitate the handbook onto paper for the exam. Its about that simple.

Came 2nd in men's masters

Being a certified CFL1 since before most current CrossFit box owners had even heard of CrossFit, I'd say I'm pretty familiar alright.

You did state he failed on the technique, not the written tho .

Being a certified CFL1 since before most current CrossFit box owners had even heard of CrossFit, I'd say I'm pretty familiar alright.

You did state he failed on the technique, not the written tho .

Sorry I meant the written exam part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭fungie

He failed on the technique part

Should fit right in with crossfit so.

Sorry I meant the written exam part

All he's gotta do is study like a demon so

Would be worth popping onto the CrossFit.com forum and getting quizzed by other coaches or creating a group of 3-4 qualified L1s to ask each other Qs

fungie wrote: »

I hope you get the thanks you are searching for.
    Do you actually think Irish crossfit coaches have bad technique and allow their members to lift with bad form?

fungie wrote: »
    man i love crossfit and even i found that funny

for the record - the crossfit Level 1 exam is a good bit harder than it was a few years back and best approach IMO would be to get in touch with other people that he would have bumped into on the level 1 that passed the exam or ideally one of the instructors on the course.

shutup wrote: »
    I hope you get the thanks you are searching for.
    Do you actually think Irish crossfit coaches have bad technique and allow their members to lift with bad form?
    ah come on that was funny.

It actually was funny

Advertisement