Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What fitness course would you recommend?

Options
  • 11-04-2015 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

I am bamboozled with all the fitness courses that are on offer out there.

The two companies that seem to have the biggest presence are Image Fitness Training and Profi-Fitness. Both are much the same price for what you get.

I'm looking to qualify in Gym Instruction, Nutrition, Personal Trainer and Step.

Image FT seem to have a 100% track record but Profi offer times and locations that suit me much better but there's just something niggling me about them that I can't put my finger on.

Am I missing out on anywhere else that comes highly recommended in this area or have people any opinions on the two above.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

The two companies that seem to have the biggest presence are Image Fitness Training and Profi-Fitness. Both are much the same price for what you get.

I'm looking to qualify in Gym Instruction, Nutrition, Personal Trainer and Step.

Image FT seem to have a 100% track record but Profi offer times and locations that suit me much better but there's just something niggling me about them that I can't put my finger on.

Am I missing out on anywhere else that comes highly recommended in this area or have people any opinions on the two above.

Thanks for your time.
    only one i would recommend is elite fitness and performance in blackrock by a billion miles

I'd struggle to employ anyone from the other two as i feel i would have to spend some time retraining them first

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Transform wrote: »
    I'd struggle to employ anyone from the other two as i feel i would have to spend some time retraining them first

Thanks for the reply. Would that be the general opinion across other employers that you would know, I had some doubt about Profi but I'm surprised you feel that way about Image FT, I was of the opinion that they were regarded as the centre of excellence in this area. I will definitely look into Elite Fitness.

Thanks for the reply. Would that be the general opinion across other employers that you would know, I had some doubt about Profi but I'm surprised you feel that way about Image FT, I was of the opinion that they were regarded as the centre of excellence in this area. I will definitely look into Elite Fitness.
    If you want a career in fitness then - elite

If you want to work in fitness - the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 1 newfitbody

Hey I did my PT in NTC in Dublin. It was really good course, we had classes every Tuesday, Thursday evening and full Saturday every week. I recommend Exercise to music course with PT. But it is not cheap. Around 2400, 5 months

I spotted a course with Motions, it's seems to be the highest level you can achieve in Ireland. How would you rate it? Only university accredited course and a level 6. It's slightly dearer than the rest on the market but not by much. The write up is pretty impressive, can't believe I didn't come across it before.

• Advertisement

I spotted a course with Motions, it's seems to be the highest level you can achieve in Ireland. How would you rate it? Only university accredited course and a level 6. It's slightly dearer than the rest on the marker but not by much. The write up is pretty impressive, can't believe I didn't come across it before.
    tom i dont believe i stuttered

tom i dont believe i stuttered

Maybe it's still too early for me but....??!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I spotted a course with Motions, it's seems to be the highest level you can achieve in Ireland. How would you rate it? Only university accredited course and a level 6. It's slightly dearer than the rest on the market but not by much. The write up is pretty impressive, can't believe I didn't come across it before.

From before:

Transform's been in the industry probably 10-15 years+ (?) at this stage and is one of the most well known and well net worked trainers in the country.

Just this week he filled a room with 100 people this week for a free nutrition event.

AND has had more media and press coverage than most other trainers combined.

Instead of overthinking about it, how about just listening to what he says?

...or just go and do whatever course you actually want to do because he's made his point pretty clear :)

what that bloke said ^^^^

Was more like 140 people but I wasnt counting, honestly

OP Transform has the best of reputations in this industry, my own coach (who would have a decent reputation himself), probably has more respect for him that anyone else in the country. Even from my [very] limited knowledge of the fitness industry, I know that if that was my career path, this is the man I'd be taking advice from.

• Advertisement

That is high praise for Transform, I had no idea he was so well known and respected. I will definitely be taking his advice, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

are we talking from an employer's perspective ie a gym hiring someone with elite fitness?

Surely most people ( regular gym goer) looking for a PT wont know if someone with elite fitness or NTC is the better, until it is too late ?

are we talking from an employer's perspective ie a gym hiring someone with elite fitness?

Surely most people ( regular gym goer) looking for a PT wont know if someone with elite fitness or NTC is the better, until it is too late ?

Do you only ever pay a PT for one session?

...you can only sell sh*t once. If a PT isn't good they get found out very rapidly by clients.

thats not really what I was getting at

if you are clueless and never trained before, you may look up the yellow pages and pick some random dud who knows **** all and has done a crap course

how would the cluless person ever know?

if you are clueless and never trained before, you may look up the yellow pages and pick some random dud who knows **** all and has done a crap course

At the start they wouldn't, but it would most likely become apparent over time.

Easy- the trainer should have a good blog that functions as a means of educating potential clients and not just serve as info about him or her.

Facebook, insta and Twitter means bugger all IMO if you've nothing to back it up

both very valid points there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Can't speak about too many of the others but I have done courses in elite and it really is worth every penny.

No bull****, hard work, basics correct , and all the information you want from guys who actually practice what they preach.

Plus they have the very best of guest coaches for one or two dayers. But hey your not gonna listen to me if Hanley or transform can't convince you

• Registered Users Posts: 3 charmazing

Thanks for your time.
    Hi i am personal trainer i found the course I done was BRILLIANT! PM ME if interested and hope i can help you as I was in your situation and depends how fast you want to become one as some can go on for up to 2 year.. You be surprised how fast i became one !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Easy- the trainer should have a good blog that functions as a means of educating potential clients and not just serve as info about him or her.

Facebook, insta and Twitter means bugger all IMO if you've nothing to back it up

Off topic but your site is probably the best fitness site I've come across. No nonsense and, in stark contrast to every other fitness site ever made, not plugging products in every 2nd post.

If anyone asks me for fitness advice I always just direct them to a couple of key articles on your site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

charmazing wrote: »
    Hi i am personal trainer i found the course I done was BRILLIANT! PM ME if interested and hope i can help you as I was in your situation and depends how fast you want to become one as some can go on for up to 2 year.. You be surprised how fast i became one !

Seriously!! :rolleyes:

jive wrote: »
    Off topic but your site is probably the best fitness site I've come across. No nonsense and, in stark contrast to every other fitness site ever made, not plugging products in every 2nd post.

If anyone asks me for fitness advice I always just direct them to a couple of key articles on your site.
    Cheers and really nice to hear, think I'm up to 20 readers now ;)

jive wrote: »

What is the name of the site? :D

What is the nice of the site? :D
    Sorry what's th e question?

Sorry what's th e question?

Sorry...I corrected the question there...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What is the name of the site? :D
    http://www.dominicmunnelly.ie

Advertisement