Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Homelander

James Gallagher's new opponent a guy who has won 3 out of his last 11 fights. It's embarrassing what Bellator are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Homelander wrote: »
    James Gallagher's new opponent a guy who has won 3 out of his last 11 fights. It's embarrassing what Bellator are doing.

Anybody who wasted money on a show with Discount Conor as the main event deserves to be royally screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Discount Conor is nearly as bad as McTapper.

Sound like a 3 year old.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Discount Conor is nearly as bad as McTapper.

Sound like a 3 year old.

I'll start calling him by his name when he drops the "Notice me Conor" act. He is a Discount Conor whether you like it or not. Conor atleast backed up his big mouth. Discount Conor is being fed cans while talking loads of **** about how great he is and how he's the uncrowned Champ.

To use an American euphemism he's the 90lb weakling that somehow got to hang with the Football team so is now the biggest ****talker.

There's alot of things we can call Discount Conor, but considering this place is full of SBG fanboys we're better off just calling the little twit Discount Conor.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I'll start calling him by his name when he drops the "Notice me Conor" act. He is a Discount Conor whether you like it or not. Conor atleast backed up his big mouth. Discount Conor is being fed cans while talking loads of **** about how great he is and how he's the uncrowned Champ.

To use an American euphemism he's the 90lb weakling that somehow got to hang with the Football team so is now the biggest ****talker.

There's alot of things we can call Discount Conor, but considering this place is full of SBG fanboys we're better off just calling the little twit Discount Conor.
    It makes you sound like the tool, when you're trying to slag one.

It's not that hard to call him James..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Tickets for the bellator event are some rip off, cheapest ones left on TM are €70..don't remember it being that dear before. Even the London card I was at a couple of years back wasn't this dear iirc (mcdonald - daley).

It makes you sound like the tool, when you're trying to slag one.

It's not that hard to call him James..

Nobody's forcing you to read [and respond] to my posts buttercup.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Tickets for the bellator event are some rip off, cheapest ones left on TM are €70..don't remember it being that dear before. Even the London card I was at a couple of years back wasn't this dear iirc (mcdonald - daley).

Anybody who pays those prices after the main event switch is an idiot.

Nobody's forcing you to read [and respond] to my posts buttercup.
    Buy me dinner before you call me buttercup, pal.

I'm quite aware I'm responding of my own free will.
    Calling him Discount Conor reeks of attention. Just call him a **** and get on with it.

Buy me dinner before you call me buttercup, pal.

Don't call me pal,buddy. And I **** on the first date so you better be ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Anybody who pays those prices after the main event switch is an idiot.

The main event is Henderson v Jury as far as I'm concerned. Looking forward to seeing MVP v Kiely, The Butcher v The Honey Badger for s good old SBG v Team Ryano battle, and Crosbie against whoever his opponent is. Plenty of good battles on there for the price of a dinner in a half decent restaurant.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The main event is Henderson v Jury as far as I'm concerned. Looking forward to seeing MVP v Kiely, The Butcher v The Honey Badger for s good old SBG v Team Ryano battle, and Crosbie against whoever his opponent is. Plenty of good battles on there for the price of a dinner in a half decent restaurant.

It should be. Discount should be in the Prelims or Midcard if all they're going to feed him is cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Is this event actually gonna go through till early am? The way im seeing it is prelims, main event of gallagher, back to prelims for bellator numbered card and main event of henderson/jury kicking in approx 2am. Sky have it advertised as live at 2am. If so two things, 1 thsts a shed load of fights and 2, there will be bedlam spilling out of that arena at 3/4 in the morn...

rogieop wrote: »
    Is this event actually gonna go through till early am? The way im seeing it is prelims, main event of gallagher, back to prelims for bellator numbered card and main event of henderson/jury kicking in approx 2am. Sky have it advertised as live at 2am. If so two things, 1 thsts a shed load of fights and 2, there will be bedlam spilling out of that arena at 3/4 in the morn...

It's tape delay on sky to broadcast at the same time as American audiences will see it. The Henderson v Jury card with Crosbie as co-main is almost like the prelims to the 3 fight main card of Quelly, Kiely and Gallagher if that makes sense.

Gallagher's opponent came in at 145.4lbs, fight is still going ahead now at featherweight. Gallagher had weighed in at 139.8lbs so they obviously knew a day or two in advance.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Gallagher's opponent came in at 145.4lbs, fight is still going ahead now at featherweight. Gallagher had weighed in at 139.8lbs so they obviously knew a day or two in advance.

The fight was at a catchweight of 140 to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,038 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mellor wrote: »
    No idea who Salazar is. Anywhere that I can bet on him missing weight?
    Mellor wrote: »
    I know. 140lbs
    I think he misses weight

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

rogieop wrote: »

11pm curfew in the 3 arena and Bellator sure as hell won't be able to pay any fines. Main card is 10pm just 3 fights.

The ceremonial weigh-ins are streaming live on YouTube. The place is empty, handful of people. Even Goldie looks pretty embarrassed up on stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Maybe I shouldn't have held of so long.. cheapest left now are €86 before fees :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I have a spare ticket for this event.

Block P , Row 35. Face value (€62). PM me if interested.

I've had some interest in this but haven't heard back from the person so I'm gonna go ahead and say it's available. PM me if you want to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Furryglove

What’s crack with the Kiely fella he looks like a Michael Guineys jocks model, absolute terrible condition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Maybe I shouldn't have held of so long.. cheapest left now are €86 before fees :(

Adverts/donedeal have decent tickets at cut prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Thelonious

Anyone know of any pubs in Dublin showing the fights ?

Thelonious wrote: »
    Anyone know of any pubs in Dublin showing the fights ?

O'Shea's on Talbot Street are Team Ryano sponsors so they might have them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Am I bad hoping Gallagher loses?

Nah Im not hes a bellend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

What time do ye think mlambo will be fighting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Furryglove

Virgins coverage starts at 10 pm, sure it will be near over by then 🀔

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Saying it’s on paramount network yet sleepy hollow is listed lol

Advertisement