Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting, bulking and the magic p-ratio

Options
  • 10-04-2015 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭

How many of you follow Lyle Mc Donalds principle of cut to 10%, bulk to 15%, rinse and repeat? And doe the p-ratio benefit of being lean actually help to any noticeable degree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Blacktie. wrote: »
    How many of you follow Lyle Mc Donalds principle of cut to 10%, bulk to 15%, rinse and repeat? And doe the p-ratio benefit of being lean actually help to any noticeable degree?

Its what I'm looking to do at the moment, I think I did see a benefit from being leaner, this is definitely the longest amount of time I've been bulking and the least amount of fat I've gained.

That being said it is only the first time I've been tracking and weighing consistently so after a few more cycles of it I'll have a better answer.
    Started at 78kg ~9% , 4 months later I'm ~84kg which would put me at 15% if I didn't change my lean mass. I'll be going in for another Bf measurement in 2 weeks and see what the change has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

papu wrote: »
    Its what I'm looking to do at the moment, I think I did see a benefit from being leaner, this is definitely the longest amount of time I've been bulking and the least amount of fat I've gained.

That being said it is only the first time I've been tracking and weighing consistently so after a few more cycles of it I'll have a better answer.
    Started at 78kg ~9% , 4 months later I'm ~84kg which would put me at 15% if I didn't change my lean mass. I'll be going in for another Bf measurement in 2 weeks and see what the change has been.

I think tracking and weighing on a consistent basis is huge. I can do it but with my job consistency is tricky at best. I go away every 3 weeks for 4 days which screws up my count. And then the alcohol. O the alcohol! Thinking of just throwing in the towel on my attempt to cut to ten percent and just go back to bulking and gyming it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I think it's more of a general rule so that people don't become fat slobs on a bulk, or too skinny on a cut.

If you're >15% and bulking, but know what you're doing and have a set weight/date in mind as to when you're going to stop, I don't see a problem with bulking above 15%. Same goes if you're <10%, although unless it's for a photoshoot or competition, I don't see why people would need to stay <10%.

Personally I'm at ~12% now and am happy to maintain my bodyweight and get stronger.

Advertisement