Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping Geese

Options
  • 10-04-2015 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a few Geese maybe buy as day old and faten for Christmas. Maybe keep a few to see if they will lay a few eggs. I have about 2 acres at the side of the house and plenty of lawn around the house. I'm looking for something to keep the gress down as I don't like having to cut the gress every week. Was thinking if I got a few geese electric fence and keep them in areas to eat the grass.

1. Can I just go ahead a buy them or do I need a "flock number" ???
    2. Is it just as easy to keep 10 as 20 ?
    3. Any tips on keeping them what type should I go for ?
    4. Where would I be able to buy day olds ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

Far as I know you are required to have a flock number but i don't know of anyone who only has a few birds who has one.
    Flock no is a form filled out and a inspection nothing to be worried about,pretty sure it's free too.
    Apart from the extra feed and cleaning out there's no difference really.

Advertisement