Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat Coating

Options
  • 08-04-2015 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm building a very small speedboat. Simply enough room for one person to kneel on. It'll be 1.8m long by 1.2m wide. I'm making the frame from 24mm plywood on its own or joined together. The hull is being made from 6mm marine plywood.
    My question is, once finished on the construction side, how do you go about coating/sealing/making it water and weatherproof? I've looked online and I'm more confused than before. The easiest way to do it in Ireland is what I'm looking for, because some of the methods I found online use chemicals that are hard to come by in most Irish hardware stores.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

this post might sail better over in this section
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057409610

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi nhcovey as said pop on down to sailing and boating and I will answer all your questions also have a look at my links below and it will give you an idea of whats involved.

Advertisement