Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements To Compliment Exercise?

Options
  • 07-04-2015 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭

Long story short, I suffered a serious back injury that has taken about two years to finally heal to a state where I can finally exercise normally again.

I am about 5'10 and 11 stone, in no way overweight, probably underweight, but in the last year or so I have put on quite a bit of weight on my stomach and chest that I want to get rid of or more so tone up.

I have been exercising for the last month, 10-15k a day on the exercise bike and about 40 mins on free weights and an ab roller, I am feeling a lot better in myself being able to do it again, but was wondering should I be taken certain vitamins or other supplements to compliment the daily exercises, as before the injury I had a quite good physique that I did not have to work at much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Food.

Maybe some D3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The key is in the name: supplements - they should be supplemental to your diet so the first thing to do is address that. Have you taken a look at the stickies on diet yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The key is in the name: supplements - they should be supplemental to your diet so the first thing to do is address that. Have you taken a look at the stickies on diet yet?

Yep had a look through it, but I have always been health conscious with my diet, I never really had to pay major attention to the more nuanced aspects of fitness till now, I have the basics down, but anything else that will help on top of foods and exercise would be a great bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Whey. Lots of whey.

eFMhXZH.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Omega 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Dragon blood increases test by 300%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 abeerakhan

Are supplements good for health ?
    I've heard that they are just temporary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

abeerakhan wrote:
    Are supplements good for health ? I've heard that they are just temporary

Which ones

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Which ones

Y'know, supplements. Chemicals. Steroids, that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,188 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Which ones
    They are all temporary, no supplements will last forever.
    No matter how big a tub of whey you buy, it wall always run out eventually.
    I heard that companies have actually invent tubs of permanent protein but they refuse to sell them as it could put them out of business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

you need no supplements or structured programming , all you need is to

"Lift like a lion, be the king of your own destiny".

Advertisement