Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Naas Chat Thread

1142143144145146148»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭ derekeire

If they are still available, I would gladly have them.

SH24.ie - free, confidential, at home STI screening. Get tested boys and girls.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 22,600 ✭✭✭✭ beertons

Anyone going to Kaleidoscope next weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭ Did you smash it

If anyone suffers from gastritis and have recommendations of doctors or other health workers that helped cure it (in the area) then please in touch here or on PM. Thanhs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭ pad199207

846 To Naas looks to be dropped by JJ’s

Time to bring in Dublin Bus or Go Ahead for this route or to expand and upgrade the 139 service to absorb this route loss.

Having a private operator for this route is no longer feasible as they were overpriced and didn’t accept leap cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,352 ✭✭✭ pad199207

Yeah looks like an significant increase in Naas Urban. There must be close to 40,000 in Naas/Johnstown/Sallins. Easily the most populated area in the county and still the transport options struggle on..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,598 ✭✭✭✭ Mantis Toboggan

IRISHMEN AND IRISHWOMEN: "In the name of God and of the dead generations from which she receives her old tradition of nationhood, Ireland, through us, summons her children to her flag and strikes for her freedom"

Irish Proclamation

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ steinbock123

I was amazed to find the Expert Hardware shop (was it Gouldings?) at Fairgreen closed down when I called yesterday. When did this happen ?They were great for the personal service I thought. Is there another proper hardware shop in Naas now, or are we all condemned to going to B&Q, where you have to buy a pack of seven dozen screws, when all you want is five screws to finish that job ?

Don't know but you could try Ted Johnsons also.

IRISHMEN AND IRISHWOMEN: "In the name of God and of the dead generations from which she receives her old tradition of nationhood, Ireland, through us, summons her children to her flag and strikes for her freedom"

Irish Proclamation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭ cunnijo

There is also Brennan's on Dublin Road beside Fruit 4U. And also not forgetting Chadwicks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭ paddylonglegs

Ted Johnson’s

Brennans Hardware

Chadwicks

B&Q

Woodies

Spoilt for choice really

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ pale rider

Anybody else notice the visible fearless presence of rats in the hedging across from the Hospital main entrance, spotted six of them on the grass ' grazing ' as I waked down that footpath earlier today, possibly dislodged by the construction work at the Hospital, looks shocking to be fair.

My dad told me this story a good few years ago. Back in the day, he was a sales rep for Irish Abrasives. Sold sand paper and cutting disks. He called to Mattimoes, and spoke with 2 of the lads there at different times. One was a lad called Brennan, the other Goulding. Both ended up leaving, and setting up their own shops either end of the town. He's long gone from that job, popped in for a nail or bit of timber over the years, and they'd bring up the stories from back in the day. Mattimoes is long gone, but the same craic and banter, and respect. Lovely people.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭ Tomrota

And there never will be. “Everyone knows you need a car in Naas” attitude is prevalent among the Naas people. They would rather send dozens of empty DART trains to Celbridge than expand it to Naas. You can’t even get an integrated bus service to Sallins station. You have six double decker buses lined up outside Celbridge station. No buses for the crowds of people who get off at Sallins. It’s easier to get to Galway than it is down the road to Talllaght via public transport, where many use the hospital, university and shopping centre. The contrast.

Not only are the government and TD’s against us but so are the people it seems. There is huge opposition to building proper infrastructure i.e. bus lanes, getting rid of on-street parking, building cycling infrastructure. See: opposition to poplar square plaza. Things will never change. I’m going to have to rely on using the N7 to get to a park and ride for the rest of my life as there probably will never be an integrated bus service to Sallins station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭ matchthis

Screwfix at toughers garage is great. Have used it a few times now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭ eoghan104

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cleaner for a few hours a week please? Just normal household cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭ you2008

Chief Executive of Iarnród Éireann Jim Meade said "Today is a great day for the communities of West Dublin, North Kildare and East Meath" 😲

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/home/868769/plans-revealed-to-bring-dart-to-north-kildare-by-2029.html

I see Michal Luczac of primrose Avenue has been charged with importing drugs through the airport in Longford for the Kinahans. He's the brother of Declan Brady's mistress from Castle Farm who's also involved with the cartel. Should get a tidy sentence I'd imagine.

Irish Proclamation

Advertisement