Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulling a muscle.

Options
  • 04-04-2015 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭

I seem to pull the same muscle repeatedly. I know how to treat it, not looking for medical advice.

Rather, looking for opinions.

It's where my trap and my lat meet.

Just wondering, would you guys target that area and start doing extra excercises in the hope of strengthening it (upright rows seems to target the exact area)

Or would ye do the opposite and avoid lifting weights that target that area as it's likely to pull again?

Or, would ye seek professional help to see whether there's an imbalance somewhere in my body that needs working on (I'm assuming every single person in the world has imbalances, so I'm not entirely convinced of this approach)

Tl/dr - target an area that gets injured OR avoid an area that gets injured???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Weird location for a pull.

I would say that if you keep pulling the same muscle over and over again you should really start with a good physio. Not just to treat but to help you identify what's causing it. I don't think anybody on a forum could help you with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Roll the sh1te out of it before every workout

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

JJayoo wrote: »
    Roll the sh1te out of it before every workout

There is one muscle that I pull a lot, and I mean an awful lot, sometimes I feel a bit guilty about it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

There is one muscle that I pull a lot, and I mean an awful lot, sometimes I feel a bit guilty about it :P

Tut tut tut what would Jesus think.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kettlebelljim

Do a lot of band pull aparts while warming up, with an emphasis on squeezing the shoulderblades together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

What would rolling it do??

What would rolling it do??

It's a form of self myofascial release.
    It will work the trigger points in the area and help stretch out the muscle. Use a tennis ball or a golf ball to dig into it and free up the adhesions in the muscle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

What does it pull doing?

Movements etc?

What's the cause?

Upright rows movement.

Not sure what the cause is . I guess it's either too weak, or overworked, or other muscles are too strong in comparison

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Stop doing upright row movements so. They don't really add much anyway.

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    Stop doing upright row movements so. They don't really add much anyway.

I pulled it this time gardening.

I've stopped upright rows years ago

Definitely an imbalance. Go see a physio.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I pulled it this time gardening.

I've stopped upright rows years ago

Pour concrete everywhere.

Win.

Advertisement