Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low cost/PAYG gyms

Options
  • 02-04-2015 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone.

Unemployed a long time now, after becoming very depressed and drinking like a fish I had enough. Knocked that all on the head and have gotten very into fitness and eating right. Going to college in September. Lost just under two stone since Christmas and feeling like a new man. Looking to join a gym but at €100 a week, with really only €50 of it disposable it doesn't seem possible.

Do any gyms do discounted rates for the unemployed like they do students? Or is there anywhere with reasonably cheap pay as you go options? I've considered buying a bunch of home gym equipment but prefer being out of the house as much as possible given the changes I've made in my lifestyle.

FWIW, I'm in Tallaght, just past Kingswood. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Your best bet would be the council gym. They have a few, one being in Tallaght.

You can check it out at www.tallaghtleisure.com

Not sure if they do PAYG but worth ringing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The Ben Dunne gyms are actually quite cheap, especially if you get in on their 'several people joining at once" discount.

Advertisement