Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time Sport massage question

Options
  • 01-04-2015 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am a current club GAA footballer coming getting to my end of football career (33 next month). During my career, i have gone to my fair share of doctors,physios,massage therapists and more.
    When i stop playing in next couple of years I will remain involved in sport in some form or other.
    In my humble opinion I believe that there is a lack of (what i consider) "good" sport massages in the area where i live (Mayo) that do "deep" muscle massages that i know is exactly what i usually need for my body.

So i am thinking of doing a sports massage course. These courses range for 1500 up to 3500 euros for part time courses over 16 months.

I am currently working in IT and my intention would be to do sport massages on evenings and at weekends. There will always be people requiring massaging. Its something that will become more important. I believe there is a niche in the market here.

I know there is alot of work (physical and theory) and hands-on experience required to be able to start performing massages.

I haven't enrolled in any course yet but before i do i want to be sure that to invest in the course that it is something that actually is viable.

My question is, am i too naive to think that this (do an massage course and then start providing massages on a part-time basis) can be easily done and to make a potential profit from it in the future?

Thanks
    /B
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Like anything there is money to be made in it if you are good.

It will be a slow burner thats for sure. Dont be expecting to earn thousands over night.

Being part of a team will definitely give you a good opportunity to expand your customer base easily enough but especially if you are living rural it may take a lot of time and effort to build up a client based.

THat said, if you have an income coming in then there should be a problem being a slow burner. Feck it, go for it. Whats the harm.

Advertisement