Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4 Limited Edition (PS4) - €34.99 (€27.99 After code) @ HMV

Options
  • 30-03-2015 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭

Been keeping an eye on this game for a while. Saw that HMV (And Xtra Vision) have Far Cry 4 Limited Edition for PS4 at €34.99 at normal price but you can use code VC20OFF to get 20% off (Obtained from Vouchercloud.ie, expire 12th April 2015) which work out to €27.99 and it is free delivery too. This is by far the cheapest I have seen in Ireland.

The game might not be for everyone but hope that helps those who was thinking of buying.

Also I think the code works for other items from HMV site also. (I didn't try the code with Xtra Vision website but the two of them are essentially one organisation so no reason not to buy through HMV)

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Evan_M

Great offer! Thanks for the post :)
    I think the normal version is on sale for Easter on the PS store for 40 euro so this is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DarkPassenger

Was waiting for a good deal on this game to pop up, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Thanks OP, great offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Great price, a fair deal cheaper than the 2nd hand ones on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

yep, the game itself is already much cheaper than other retailer at the moment.. the 20% off was just the icing that topped it off :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Code isn't working for me

"The specified voucher is invalid or is not applicable to the order."

Are there other criteria?

Same price on Xbox One btw

cosgrove80 wrote: »
    Code isn't working for me

"The specified voucher is invalid or is not applicable to the order."

Are there other criteria?

Same price on Xbox One btw

Did you try to use it on the following? it might be the reason

Offer excludes Gift Vouchers, Confectionery Bundles, Games Consoles, Top Up, TV’s, Tablets, Blu ray Players, DVD Players, Laptops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Yeah code doesn't seem to be working for me either.Same error as above.

Yeah code doesn't seem to be working for me either.Same error as above.

what code did you use??

VC20OFF (20 is twenty)

Works fine when I randomly pick an item and apply it, it showed the total just fine.. example i have house of cards season 1&2 DVD on the other tab now for Eur 27.99 and after the code the total is showing Eur 22.39.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

lau1247 wrote: »
    what code did you use??

VC20OFF (20 is twenty)

Works fine when I randomly pick an item and apply it, it showed the total just fine.. example i have house of cards season 1&2 DVD on the other tab now for Eur 27.99 and after the code the total is showing Eur 22.39.

This comes up "The specified voucher is invalid or is not applicable to the order"

Yes i kind of figured the 20 is twenty alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Cheers OP, I have been waiting for this to pop up at a good price for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Code worked fine for me just now..thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Thanks OP- had just ordered this from Amazon on the Xbox One which was working out about €35.50 so able to cancel the order there and get it from HMV for 27.99- used the code with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

This comes up "The specified voucher is invalid or is not applicable to the order"

Yes i kind of figured the 20 is twenty alright.

I was half asleep earlier. The code DOES NOT seem to work on the Xtravision (went there as have an account) site, only on HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ordered at 10.20 yesterday morning, email to say it was dispatched at 7pm yesterday evening, got it in the post this morning. Now that's service!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

out of stock :(

Colemania wrote: »
    Ordered at 10.20 yesterday morning, email to say it was dispatched at 7pm yesterday evening, got it in the post this morning. Now that's service!

Came by normal an Post also in case anyone is wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

received my copy this morning - was the regular version rather than the limited edition. But oh well, €28 is a bargain nonetheless.

received my copy this morning - was the regular version rather than the limited edition. But oh well, €28 is a bargain nonetheless.

I received the regular too. Not going to try return it though. Isn't worth the hassle for limited edition to be honest

Colemania wrote: »
    I received the regular too. Not going to try return it though. Isn't worth the hassle for limited edition to be honest

Yeah, I thought that too myself. Not much of a difference between regular and LE anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭thomqs

still? won't work for me

yep, regular version as well :( I contacted them and ask for advise on what to do.. they said they will send out the correct version with free post envelope to return the standard version.. will see how that play out over the next few days..

thomqs wrote: »
    still? won't work for me

if you are buying the FC4 for PS4, it is out of stock (I can't seem to search for it). Other stuff is fine (There are exclusions, did you look at page 1 from my post that state the exclusions??).

What are you trying to buy?? Is the item you are trying to buy part of the exclusion?

I just tried again on a random thing (I chose FIFA 15 for PS4) and apply the code, it seems to be working OK.

Trying to get it for X! but it brings me to the home page, which other games do you think are as good value as far cry 4 for the ps4/X! ?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Received the regular version as well (Xbox One)- appears they didn't have stock of the Limited edition for any platform at all. Was curious if the shops had it and went to Grafton St branch and no new stock regular or limited. (BTW- Grafton St branch is closing/relocating...not sure where and staff far too busy to wait and ask)

Emailed Online and received a reply asking me to package back up and write 'return to sender' - once received they will refund or if possible provide a replacement. Kind of dubious way of returning something I would think and definitely doubtful if you would get a replacement of the Limited.

Will probably hold onto it anyway now that I have done some looking around online (I am not a gamer- just credit card access for the sons!) and at the moment on Xbox Live if you have Gold the season pass is 21 down from 30. Not sure how long that sale is on but their spring sale kicked off yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

If you are near clondalkin they had 3 or 4 of the limited edition for the ps4 yesterday

Emailed Online and received a reply asking me to package back up and write 'return to sender' - once received they will refund or if possible provide a replacement. Kind of dubious way of returning something I would think and definitely doubtful if you would get a replacement of the Limited.

Will probably hold onto it anyway now that I have done some looking around online (I am not a gamer- just credit card access for the sons!) and at the moment on Xbox Live if you have Gold the season pass is 21 down from 30. Not sure how long that sale is on but their spring sale kicked off yesterday.

Per previous post, I got on to them and ask for HMV to rectify their mistake (Deliberately didn't suggest refund or return without replacement). They resend the correct version out and I got them yesterday evening. Now I just need to post the original one back (Return to sender like what you have been told by HMV).

If I were you, I would get on to them again and ask for them to rectify the problem. Good luck.

Can you use the code instore?

Meh. I'm too lazy to go through the hassle of sending it back. As said previously, not missing out on too much. It's a great game anyways :D

• Advertisement

deal

Advertisement