Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone cameras in the Gym

Options
  • 30-03-2015 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Was in the Jacuzzi in the pool area of Ben Dunne Northwood gym today when I noticed 2 girls using a smartphone to video around the pool area, they then got into the jacuzzi with the phone and proceeded to take pics of lads comming between sauna steam room and pool, There are no signs regarding use of phones in the gym, Is this normal practice? Dont think if a man was taking pics of women it would be acceptable,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 keysersoze1

You've answered your own question there .not acceptable.if a man did it might even be kicked out of gym

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Not appropriate for either gender. No idea if it is in the member rules but as private premises the gym could tell them to stop and certainly would if a complaint was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Did you tell them to stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Just report it to any one of the staff walking around Northwood.

I'm always in the pool there and have never noticed it before. Will be watching for it now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

sohappy wrote: »
    Was in the Jacuzzi in the pool area of Ben Dunne Northwood gym today when I noticed 2 girls using a smartphone to video around the pool area, they then got into the jacuzzi with the phone and proceeded to take pics of lads comming between sauna steam room and pool, There are no signs regarding use of phones in the gym, Is this normal practice? Dont think if a man was taking pics of women it would be acceptable,

worth reporting
    i've seen a few girls doing something like a fitness shoot in sports bras on the gym floor, which I suppose we kinda have to accept, but around pool/jacuzzi area no way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Not appropriate if an agreement on image rights isn't in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Not appropriate if an agreement on image rights isn't in place.

From a legal point of view you can shoot and use photos for non-commercial purposes on private property without explicit permission, but you do have to stop if asked. You also obviously have to have permission to be on the property in the first place.

There might also be an issue over the individuals in question: in public you can take a photo of anyone that you want, but you can't do it in a place where they have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Obviously the locker room counts, I have no idea if the pool/jacuzzi would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

do Ben Dunne gyms post etiquette rules anywhere? sounds like they'd want to

seriously like another poster said, imagine the sh1tstorm if it was a couple guys doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

They've signs expressly forbidding camera phones IIRC.

Nate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

guile4582 wrote: »
    do Ben Dunne gyms post etiquette rules anywhere? sounds like they'd want to

seriously like another poster said, imagine the sh1tstorm if it was a couple guys doing that

You shouldn't need it for something that f*cking obvious tho.

Like what sorta knob brings a camera phone near a pool?

Pedophiles. That's who.

...seriously - I remember signs in the NAC expressly forbidding camera phones, and its was for that reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Hanley wrote: »
    You shouldn't need it for something that f*cking obvious tho.

Like what sorta knob brings a camera phone near a pool?

Pedophiles. That's who.

...seriously - I remember signs in the NAC expressly forbidding camera phones, and its was for that reason.

... and it was right about this time the OP realised that they weren't actually girls but clones of Jimmy Saville.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Did you tell them to stop?

yes I said to them it wasnt cool and if the men were doing it wouldent be acceptable, she did stop but her English wasn very good so I dont know if she fully got what I was saying, They then moved to the lie down jacuzzi area and continued with the phone. I did try to bring it up with the girl on reception but she was on her own and with the phone ringing and new members I got fed up waitin.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

sohappy wrote: »
    yes I said to them it wasnt cool and if the men were doing it wouldent be acceptable, she did stop but her English wasn very good so I dont know if she fully got what I was saying, They then moved to the lie down jacuzzi area and continued with the phone. I did try to bring it up with the girl on reception but she was on her own and with the phone ringing and new members I got fed up waitin.

Fair play, 100% in the right imo.

Advertisement