Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to apply for Driving License

Options
  • 29-03-2015 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello, I'm currently thinking of applying for my learner license but am confused. I need to have a fully licensed driver to accompany me in the car for the entire time I'm in the L plate stage.
    I have no one that I can ask to accompany me in the car for those 6 months, so how am I supposed to get practice driving in those 6 months beyond the 12 mandatory lessons? And what's the point of making me wait 6 months without driving before being able to apply for the full license if I can't practice driving?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

This is the wrong forum. You should post in the Learning to Drive forum section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Avenym wrote: »
    Hello, I'm currently thinking of applying for my learner license but am confused. I need to have a fully licensed driver to accompany me in the car for the entire time I'm in the L plate stage.
    I have no one that I can ask to accompany me in the car for those 6 months, so how am I supposed to get practice driving in those 6 months beyond the 12 mandatory lessons? And what's the point of making me wait 6 months without driving before being able to apply for the full license if I can't practice driving?

You'll have to do what everybody else does .......... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Sounds like the only legal option if you really don't have a friend or family member qualified to accompany you is to take extra lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 78,287 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement