Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System 10 food plan

Options
  • 29-03-2015 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just wondering has anyone tried system 10? I am just at about 10 st 3 p and want to drop a clothes size for good before the Summer.

Is Systm 10 as good at getting your metabolism going as it has promised?

Is it a waste of money or what?

I have been in contact with different clinics but they all say it is normal food, has anyone a list of foods that can be eaten on this programme, I don't want to pay my money and then be on a unrealistic diet. I know your food programme is made out depending on your own needs but is there a sample to be found anywhere?

With thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fungie

I dont know why people fall for these things. Just burn more calories than you consume. What food you eat doesn't really matter, once you are getting the vital nutrients.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Juran

I enrolled in System 10 last year. I gave my stats (age, weight, height, sex, type of work, etc..) and a week later the local consultant gave me a document which specified my metabolism status & foods I should avoid during the diet - I found it a bit odd that that another person based 100 miles away came up with this without seeing me or doing a blood test. Anyways, I gave it a go.
    I was given a list of foods to consume each week - varying from one week to the next ... call it a diet plan, but they make out its tailored to your metabolism (whatever). Also an exercise plan was provided, differing from week to week. I did lose weight, but then again I was on a strict diet and exercising more - anyone would lose weight. After 6 weeks, I went off track and kinda lost motivation and didn't go back for a 2nd course. Where I found it let me down is that I was visiting the consulant on my own each week, it was like going to the doctor, in and out in 10 mins and being told where to improve. It lacked that personal support or group support that I needed to spur me on each week. If you are someone who needs someone to plan out what you eat and do everyday and you're ok with one-on-one 'talk', then it's for you. However, if like me you enjoy the competition and support of a group, then you might not get the most out of it.

Juran wrote: »
    I enrolled in System 10 last year. I gave my stats (age, weight, height, sex, type of work, etc..) and a week later the local consultant gave me a document which specified my metabolism status & foods I should avoid during the diet - I found it a bit odd that that another person based 100 miles away came up with this without seeing me or doing a blood test. Anyways, I gave it a go.
    I was given a list of foods to consume each week - varying from one week to the next ... call it a diet plan, but they make out its tailored to your metabolism (whatever). Also an exercise plan was provided, differing from week to week. I did lose weight, but then again I was on a strict diet and exercising more - anyone would lose weight. After 6 weeks, I went off track and kinda lost motivation and didn't go back for a 2nd course. Where I found it let me down is that I was visiting the consulant on my own each week, it was like going to the doctor, in and out in 10 mins and being told where to improve. It lacked that personal support or group support that I needed to spur me on each week. If you are someone who needs someone to plan out what you eat and do everyday and you're ok with one-on-one 'talk', then it's for you. However, if like me you enjoy the competition and support of a group, then you might not get the most out of it.

If you have to pay someone to help you lose weight you clearly aren't motivated. You should save money because you consume less.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

fungie wrote: »
    I dont know why people fall for these things. Just burn more calories than you consume. What food you eat doesn't really matter, once you are getting the vital nutrients.

I wouldn't say it doesn't matter what you eat - there are health factors above and beyond total weigh and caloric balance - but you're absolutely right that there are no short cuts. Any diet plan promising a special solution is likely an elaborate waste of money.

Zillah wrote: »

I wouldn't say it doesn't matter what you eat - there are health factors above and beyond total weigh and caloric balance - but you're absolutely right that there are no short cuts. Any diet plan promising a special solution is likely an elaborate waste of money.

see above

• Advertisement

Even if you eat the right number of calories and get all of your micronutrients into your diet, you could still, for example, get Type 2 Diabetes from eating too much sugar.

EDIT: Fixed gibberish phrasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 m0730

Thanks alot for yere replies, it is a great help that you gave me a list if the foods, whenever I ask them they never give a sample day/week sample. I know you have to put in work to get results, think I am about 5'6" ish and have been pretty much the same height and weight in the last few years, in early twenties as well, just coming up to summer I want to be that much slimmer, I am dying to buy new jeans with a good while but not entirely happy with my figure to invest in good ones (because I would be under no pressure to loose a bit then)

In System 10 they are all about talking about metabolism, if you do follow their programme would you kick off your metabolism at a quick rate as they have promised. I know a few girls that have fast metabolism history in there family and I would love to have agood metabilism like those girls. I would be willing to pay the money if I could speedy up my metabolism for good, but if it is only a normal system giving you advice on your food pirimid it would be of little good and use to me.

I also don't feel well after gluten or porredge and are off them with a few years, so I have very little ideas as what to eat every day for say breakfast, break and supper. I am looking for ideas to fill me up for breakfast I finish up eating choc and maybe crisps before reaching work.

I am very slim in compared to what I should be like with all the rubbish I eat but still I. Wanna loose the stomach I have with a few years and just be thiner for good

There isn't really such a thing as a fast or slow metabolism. You need X amount of calories per day to stay a healthy weight. If you eat more than X you will gain weight and if you eat less than X you will lose weight. People that seem to have a "fast metabolism" just tend to eat less than people who think they have a "slow metabolism". The closest thing would be how much exercise someone gets; more exercise means more calories burned.

You don't have a slow metabolism, you eat too much food. Every time you convince yourself otherwise you are doing yourself a disfavour. Anything that suggests it can give you a fast metabolism is trying to manipulate you into thinking there is an easy solution, which there is not.

Learn more about how nutrition works and make sensible changes for good. And don't learn it from someone that wants to squeeze money from you, they'll tell you anything you want to hear.

Have some eggs for breakfast. Fruit. Cheese. Anything but junk food and don't buy commercial cereal. Hell, a full fry would probably be better at the start of the day instead of chocolate, anything high in sugar is going to screw with your appetite and you'll be snacking loads.

Zillah wrote: »
    Even if you eat the right number of calories and get all of your micronutrients into your diet, you could still, for example, get Type 2 Diabetes from eating too much sugar.

EDIT: Fixed gibberish phrasing.

Fair enough, I mean within reason. If you eat maintenance calories and are not overweight and get all macro/micro nutrients and exercise a few times a week you can generally eat what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 m0730

Thanks so much everyone for reply, ye were so much help, I had an appointment made with a consultant for yesterday and decided that I would go to her just to listen to what she had to say!she basically told me I had no business of going to her, that it would be a waste of money, fare play to her. I am around 10 st and have fat stored at lower belly, hips and calfs! How on earth can I get rid of it!!!!!! Is it possible to get 'thin' instead of toning? I just want to be smaller all over.

If I eat less, then does that mean that I will slow down metabolism???
    Any help would be appreciated

• Advertisement

m0730 wrote: »
    Thanks so much everyone for reply, ye were so much help, I had an appointment made with a consultant for yesterday and decided that I would go to her just to listen to what she had to say!she basically told me I had no business of going to her, that it would be a waste of money, fare play to her. I am around 10 st and have fat stored at lower belly, hips and calfs! How on earth can I get rid of it!!!!!! Is it possible to get 'thin' instead of toning? I just want to be smaller all over.

Eat less, move more. Your metabolism will be fine.

m0730 wrote: »

You really need to get this idea of there being slow and fast metabolisms out of your head.

If you are overweight it is because you eat too much food. Consistently eat less food and you will lose weight. There is no trick to it.

Advertisement