Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is ToneTee just a gimmick?

Options
  • 28-03-2015 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭

So, came across tonetee.co.uk but can't find any decent reviews about it. Seems ToneTee has been around since early 2013 but boards.ie search function doesn't find anything.

It looks like a male version of the corset, so not thinking it's all that healthy long term, but what say ye?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

the_syco wrote: »
    So, came across tonetee.co.uk but can't find any decent reviews about it. Seems ToneTee has been around since early 2013 but boards.ie search function doesn't find anything.

It looks like a male version of the corset, so not thinking it's all that healthy long term, but what say ye?

What do you mean when you say gimmick? It's just a t-shirt by the looks of it that keeps any flabby bits tucked in! It's no miracle weight loss machine or anything!
    Regards being healthy long term, I don't think its a long term solution for anything! It can't replace healthy eating and exercise to get you to where you want to be!
    I've never heard of it by the way, just had a quick look at the website!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Skuxx wrote: »
    What do you mean when you say gimmick?
    It's meant to help posture, the flab being held in, etc, is a bonus. By gimmick, I suppose I meant is it snakeoil? ie; meant to be one thing, but is actually completely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,195 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Skuxx wrote: »
    It's no miracle weight loss machine or anything!
    Regards being healthy long term, I don't think its a long term solution for anything! It can't replace healthy eating and exercise to get you to where you want to be!
    TBH, I don't think its attempting to be a long term solution. And I very much doubt they'd be mad enough to pretend it aids weight loss - but i've heard worse.
    the_syco wrote: »
    It's meant to help posture, the flab being held in, etc, is a bonus. By gimmick, I suppose I meant is it snakeoil? ie; meant to be one thing, but is actually completely useless.
    From a quick look at the website they are pretty clear that holding in and shaping the flab is the primary purpose. They don't mention posture. It clear its meant to be a quick aesthetic fix.
    Tone Tee® fitwear for men! Men who want to look, slimmer, trimmer and leaner in an instant.
    Obviously they'll use photos that best exaggerate the effects of thing.
    But it works somewhat, the same way women's slimming pants do, so its not really snake oil. Just a bit silly.

Advertisement